|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1070s 1080s 1090s - 1100s - 1110s 1120s 1130s
|Years:||1098 1099 1100 - 1101 - 1102 1103 1104|
|1102 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1102 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1102 |
|Ab urbe condita||1855|
|Armenian calendar||551 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-742 – -741|
|Coptic calendar||818 – 819|
|Ethiopian calendar||1094 – 1095|
|Hebrew calendar||4862 – 4863|
|- Vikram Samvat||1157 – 1158|
|- Shaka Samvat||1024 – 1025|
|- Kali Yuga||4203 – 4204|
|Iranian calendar||480 – 481|
|Islamic calendar||495 – 496|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1762|
|Thai solar calendar||1645|
- Valencia is captured by the Almoravids.
- Henry I of England orders the tomb of Edward the Confessor opened; the body is found undecayed.
- Henry I of England takes possession of Arundel Castle.
- The Hohenbaden castle is built in Baden-Baden, Germany.
- Bolesław III becomes king of Poland.
- coronation of Coloman of Hungary in the town of Biograd, adding the Croatian duchies of Slavonia and Dalmatia to the crown of Hungary (Personal union with Hungary).
- Crusaders capture Caesarea Maritima.
- Crusaders defeat an Egyptian invasion of the Kingdom of Jerusalem near Ascalon.
- Dagobert of Pisa is briefly deposed as Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem (and restored later in the year).
- Raymond IV of Toulouse begins to besiege Tripoli, and takes the nominal title of count of Tripoli.
- Raymond IV of Toulouse is imprisoned by Tancred, regent of the Principality of Antioch.
- February 7 — Empress Maud, daughter of Henry I of England (d. 1167)
- October 25 — William Clito, Count of Flanders (d. 1128)
- May 19 — Stephen
- Anna Dalassena, Byzantine regent (b. 1025)
- King Wladislaus I Herman of Poland (b. 1040)
- See also 1102 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1102. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1102 at Familypedia
16 people were born in 1102
3 children were born to the 7 women born in 1102
25 people died in 1102
998 people lived in 1102
Events of the year 1102 at Familypedia
6 people were married in 1102.
|Constance de Vermandois (1083-c1130)||Geoffroy de Meaux (1090-1152)|
|Robert de Bourgogne (1040-1113)||Sibylle of Sicily|
|Bolesław III Wrymouth of Poland (1086-1138)||Zbyslava of Kiev (c1087-c1112) + Salomea von Berg-Schelklingen (c1099-1144)|
|Zbyslava Svyatopolkovna of Kiev (c1087-c1112)||Bolesław III Wrymouth of Poland (1086-1138)|
|Fille de Rethel (c1080-c1127)||Leo I of Armenia (?-1140)|
|Adelheid von Thüringen (c1088-c1146)||Udalrich II. von Weimar-Orlamünde (c1064-1112)|
There were 1 military battles in 1102.
|Battle of Ramla (1102)||17 May 1102 JL|