|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1100s 1110s 1120s - 1130s - 1140s 1150s 1160s
|Years:||1134 1135 1136 - 1137 - 1138 1139 1140|
|1137 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1137 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1137 |
|Ab urbe condita||1890|
|Armenian calendar||586 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-707 – -706|
|Coptic calendar||853 – 854|
|Ethiopian calendar||1129 – 1130|
|Hebrew calendar||4897 – 4898|
|- Vikram Samvat||1192 – 1193|
|- Shaka Samvat||1059 – 1060|
|- Kali Yuga||4238 – 4239|
|Iranian calendar||515 – 516|
|Islamic calendar||531 – 532|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1797|
|Thai solar calendar||1680|
- Louis VII is crowned King of France. He subsequently marries Eleanor of Aquitaine, daughter of William X.
- Rochester Cathedral is severely damaged by a fire, but is soon rebuilt.
- Amalric I of Jerusalem
- Walter Map, Welsh historian (d. 1209)
- Saladin, ruler of Egypt and Syria (d. 1193)
- March 8 — Adela of Normandy, by marriage countess of Blois (b. c. 1067).
- April 9 — William X, Duke of Aquitaine (b. 1099).
- August 1 — King Louis VI of France (b. 1081).
- September 18 — Eric II of Denmark.
- December — Lothair III (b. 1075).
- Nicephorus Bryennius, Byzantine soldier (b. 1062).
- Adalbert of Mainz, Archbishop of Mainz.
- Ramanuja, Indian philosopher (b. 1017).
- Pons of Tripoli, Count of Tripoli.
- Antipope Gregory VIII.
- Gruffydd ap Cynan, King of Gwynedd.
- Sergius VII, Duke of Naples.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1137. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1137 at Familypedia
17 people were born in 1137
5 children were born to the 5 women born in 1137
23 people died in 1137
989 people lived in 1137
Events of the year 1137 at Familypedia
8 people were married in 1137.
|Louis VII de France (1120-1180)||Eleanor of Aquitaine (1122-1204)+Constance of Castile (c1140-1160)+Alice de Champagne (1140-1206)|
|Amédée I de Genève (1098-1178)||Mathilde de Cuiseaux + Béatrix de Domène|
|Bolesław IV the Curly of Poland (c1125-1173)||Verkhuslava Vsevolodovna of Novgorod (1125-1162) + Maria Unknown (-aft1173)|
|Eleanor of Aquitaine (1122-1204)||Louis VII of France (1120-1180)+Henry II of England (1133-1189)|
|William X of Aquitaine (1099-1137)||Eleonor de Châterault (1103-1137) + Emma de Limoges (1095-c1142)|
|Gautier II de Brienne (aft1095-bef1156)||Adélaïde de Baudement + Adèle de Soissons + Fille de Nesle + Humbeline de Troyes + Adélais|
|Emma de Limoges (1095-c1142)||William X of Aquitaine (1099-1137) + Guillaume V of Angoulême (1115-1178)|
|Robert III de Vitré (1118-1173)||Alix de Fougères (1115-1136) + Avice de Châteaubriand (1120-1139) + Emma de Dinan (1130-1208)|
There were 0 military battles in 1137.