|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1110s 1120s 1130s - 1140s - 1150s 1160s 1170s
|Years:||1139 1140 1141 - 1142 - 1143 1144 1145|
|1142 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1142 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1142 |
|Ab urbe condita||1895|
|Armenian calendar||591 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-702 – -701|
|Coptic calendar||858 – 859|
|Ethiopian calendar||1134 – 1135|
|Hebrew calendar||4902 – 4903|
|- Vikram Samvat||1197 – 1198|
|- Shaka Samvat||1064 – 1065|
|- Kali Yuga||4243 – 4244|
|Iranian calendar||520 – 521|
|Islamic calendar||536 – 537|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1802|
|Thai solar calendar||1685|
- End of the reign of Emperor Sutoku, emperor of Japan.
- Emperor Konoe ascends to the throne of Japan.
- Henry the Lion becomes Duke of Saxony.
- The Empress Maud, granted Oakley church, with its chapels of Brill, Boarstall and Addingrove to the monks of St. Frideswide's Priory, in Oxford.
- August 31 - With the aid of Hiawatha and Deganawidah, the iroquoi tribes establish the Confederation of the Haudenosaunee.
- January 27 — Yue Fei, Chinese military leader (b. 1103)
- April 21 — Pierre Abélard, French scholastic philosopher (b. 1079)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1142. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1142 at Familypedia
14 people were born in 1142
5 children were born to the 3 women born in 1142
24 people died in 1142
995 people lived in 1142
Events of the year 1142 at Familypedia
8 people were married in 1142.
|Heinrich II. von Österreich (1107-1177)||Gertrud von Sachsen (1115-1143) + Theodora Komnene (c1134-1184)|
|Raoul I de Vermandois (1085-1152)||Eléonore of Blois (c1104-1147)+Petronille de Poitiers (1125-1153)+Laurette of Flanders (c1125-1170)|
|Bolesław I the Tall of Poland (1127-1201)||Zvenislava Vsevolodovna of Chernigov (c1126-c1157) + Christina Unknown (?-c1206)|
|Petronille de Poitiers (1125-1153)||Raoul I de Vermandois (1085-1152)|
|Maria of Bohemia (c1124-aft1160)||Leopold IV. von Österreich (1108-1141) + Hermann III. von Baden (c1105-1160)|
|Boson II de Turenne (1110-1143)||Eustorgie d'Anduze|
|Zvenislava Vsevolodovna of Chernigov (c1126-c1157)||Bolesław I the Tall of Poland (1127-1201)|
|Gertrud von Sachsen (1115-1143)||Heinrich der Stolze (c1108-1139) + Heinrich II. von Österreich (1107-1177)|
There were 0 military battles in 1142.