|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1120s 1130s 1140s - 1150s - 1160s 1170s 1180s
|Years:||1153 1154 1155 - 1156 - 1157 1158 1159|
|1156 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1156 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1156 |
|Ab urbe condita||1909|
|Armenian calendar||605 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-688 – -687|
|Coptic calendar||872 – 873|
|Ethiopian calendar||1148 – 1149|
|Hebrew calendar||4916 – 4917|
|- Vikram Samvat||1211 – 1212|
|- Shaka Samvat||1078 – 1079|
|- Kali Yuga||4257 – 4258|
|Iranian calendar||534 – 535|
|Islamic calendar||550 – 551|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1816|
|Thai solar calendar||1699|
- January 20 — According to legend, freeholder Lalli slays English crusader Bishop Henry with an axe on the ice of the lake Köyliönjärvi in Finland.
- Prince Yuriy Dolgorukiy fortifies Moscow, regarded as the date of the founding of the city.
- Establishment of the Carmelite Order.
- Hōgen Rebellion in Japan.
- The Privilegium Minus elevates Austria to the status of a duchy ruled by the Babenburgs family.
- Mosan artists create the Stavelot Triptych, a masterpiece of goldsmithing, as a reliquary to house purported pieces of the True Cross.
- October 27 — Count Raymond VI of Toulouse (d. 1222)
- Matilda of England, daughter of Henry II of England (d. 1189)
- Minamoto no Noriyori, Japanese general (d. 1193)
- January 17 — André de Montbard, fifth Grand Master of the Knights Templar
- January 20 — Bishop Henry, patron saint of Finland
- July 20 — Emperor Toba of Japan (b. 1103)
- December 25 — Peter the Venerable, Benedictine abbot of Cluny
- December 25 — Sverker I of Sweden, king of Sweden
- Hoel III
- Tairrdelbach mac Ruaidri Ua Conchobair, High King of Ireland (b. 1088)
- Demetre I, King of Georgia
- Gilbert de Gant
- William (b. 1153)
- Mas'ud of Rüm, Seljuk sultan of Rûm
- Minamoto no Tameyoshi, Japanese general (b. 1096)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1156. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1156 at Familypedia
12 people were born in 1156
10 children were born to the 6 women born in 1156
17 people died in 1156
994 people lived in 1156
Events of the year 1156 at Familypedia
7 people were married in 1156.
|Alix de Dreux (1145-1209)||Valéran III de Breteuil (?-1162) + Guy II de Châtillon-sur-Marne (c1137-c1171) + Jean de Thorotte (?-c1176) + Raoul III de Nesle (1150-1237)|
|Knud V of Denmark (1129-1157)||Elin of Sweden (c1135-aft1158)|
|Béatrice I de Bourgogne (1145-1184)||Friedrich I Barbarossa of the Holy Roman Empire (1122-1190)|
|Boniface III de Castellane (1135-1195)||Adélaïde de Moustiers (1135-?)|
|Raoul V de Tosny (-1162)||Margaret de Beaumont (c1127-1186)|
|Friedrich I Barbarossa of the Holy Roman Empire (1122-1190)||Adela von Vohburg (1128-1187) + Béatrice I de Bourgogne (1145-1184)|
|Konrad der Staufer (1136-1195)||? von Sponheim (?-c1159)+Irmgard von Henneberg (c1146-1197)|
There were 0 military battles in 1156.