|Centuries:||11th century - 12th century - 13th century|
|Decades:|| 1140s 1150s 1160s - 1170s - 1180s 1190s 1200s
|Years:||1172 1173 1174 - 1175 - 1176 1177 1178|
|1175 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1175 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1175 |
|Ab urbe condita||1928|
|Armenian calendar||624 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-669 – -668|
|Coptic calendar||891 – 892|
|Ethiopian calendar||1167 – 1168|
|Hebrew calendar||4935 – 4936|
|- Vikram Samvat||1230 – 1231|
|- Shaka Samvat||1097 – 1098|
|- Kali Yuga||4276 – 4277|
|Iranian calendar||553 – 554|
|Islamic calendar||570 – 571|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1835|
|Thai solar calendar||1718|
- Ruaidri Ua Conchobair (Rory O'Conner), last High King of Ireland, submits to Henry II as vassal of Ireland with the Treaty of Windsor.
- Ly Cao Ton becomes ruler of Vietnam.
- William of Tyre becomes archbishop of Tyre.
- Massacre of Abergavenny ends with several Welsh noblemen dead at the orders of William de Braose.
- Vordingborg Castle completed.
- The high academy of Bosnian religious organization in Moštre, Visoko, is first mentioned in Vatican archives.
- A Song Dynasty Chinese written record of this year stated that a paper-printed-money factory in the city of Hangzhou alone employed a daily work force of more than 1000 employees.
- Andrew II, King of Hungary (d. 1235)
- Frederick I of Austria (d. 1198)
- Robert Grosseteste, English statesman, theologian and bishop (approximate date; d. 1253)
- Fibonacci, Italian mathematician (approximate date; d. 1250)
- Otto IV (d. 1218)
- Roger III of Sicily (d. 1194)
- Michael Scot, Scottish mathematician and astrologer (d. 1232)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1175. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1175 at Familypedia
44 people were born in 1175
23 children were born to the 13 women born in 1175
17 people died in 1175
1002 people lived in 1175
Events of the year 1175 at Familypedia
9 people were married in 1175.
There were 0 military battles in 1175.