1212 1213 1214 - 1215 - 1216 1217 1218
1180s 1190s 1200s - 1210s - 1220s 1230s 1240s
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1215 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1215 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1215 |
|Ab urbe condita||1968|
|Armenian calendar||664 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-629 – -628|
|Coptic calendar||931 – 932|
|Ethiopian calendar||1207 – 1208|
|Hebrew calendar||4975 – 4976|
|- Vikram Samvat||1270 – 1271|
|- Shaka Samvat||1137 – 1138|
|- Kali Yuga||4316 – 4317|
|Iranian calendar||593 – 594|
|Islamic calendar||611 – 612|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1875|
|Thai solar calendar||1758|
- March 4 - King John of England makes an oath to the Pope as a crusader to gain the support of Innocent III.
- June 15 - King John of England was forced to put his seal on the Magna Carta, outlining the rights of landowning men (nobles and knights) and restricting the king's power.
- August - King John rejects the Magna Carta, leading to the First Barons' War.
- August 24 - Pope Innocent III declares the Magna Carta invalid.
- November 11 - The Fourth Lateran Council meets, adopting the doctrine of transubstantiation, meaning that bread and wine are transformed into the body and blood of Christ. It forbids priest's participation in ordeal trials. It forbids Jews to hold public office and restricts their financial activities.
- Beijing is captured and staked by the Mongols under Genghis Khan, initiating the Yuan Dynasty in China. Beijing burns more than a month.
- Otto IV is deposed as King of Germany and Holy Roman Emperor, replaced by Frederick II (King 1212-1250).
- Dominican Order is founded, according to some sources.
- Bhiksu Ananda of Kapitanagar completes writing holy Buddhist book Arya Astasahasrika Prajnaparamita sutra in gold ink in Ranjana script.
- April 25 - Louis IX of France (died 1270)
- September 23 - Kublai Khan of the Mongol Empire (died 1294)
- Pope Celestine V (died 1296)
- Pope John XXI (died 1277)
- David VII Ulu, King of Georgia (died 1270)
- July 5 - Eisai, Japanese Buddhist priest (born 1141)
- Bertran de Born, French soldier and troubadour
- Eustace, Bishop of Ely and former Lord Chancellor of England
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1215. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1215 at Familypedia
45 people were born in 1215
28 children were born to the 21 women born in 1215
14 people died in 1215
1028 people lived in 1215
Events of the year 1215 at Familypedia
26 people were married in 1215.
There were 0 military battles in 1215.