1238 1239 1240 - 1241 - 1242 1243 1244
1210s 1220s 1230s - 1240s - 1250s 1260s 1270s
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1241 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1241 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1241 |
|Ab urbe condita||1994|
|Armenian calendar||690 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-603 – -602|
|Coptic calendar||957 – 958|
|Ethiopian calendar||1233 – 1234|
|Hebrew calendar||5001 – 5002|
|- Vikram Samvat||1296 – 1297|
|- Shaka Samvat||1163 – 1164|
|- Kali Yuga||4342 – 4343|
|Iranian calendar||619 – 620|
|Islamic calendar||638 – 639|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1901|
|Thai solar calendar||1784|
- March 18 - Mongols defeat a feudal Polish army in the Battle of Chmielnick.
- April 9 - Mongols of Golden Horde under the command of Baidar, Kadan and Orda Khan defeat feudal Polish nobility, including Knights Templar, in the battle of Liegnitz.
- April 11 - Batu Khan and Subutai defeats Béla IV of Hungary at the Battle of Mohi.
- April 27 - Mongols defeat Bela IV of Hungary in the battle of Sajo.
- October 25 - Pope Celestine IV succeeds Pope Gregory IX as the 179th pope.
- Snorri Sturluson, Icelandic saga writer, is murdered by Gissur Þorvaldsson, an emissary of King Haakon IV of Norway.
- September 4 - King Alexander III of Scotland (died 1286)
- Eleanor of Castile, queen of Edward I of England (died 1290)
- April 9 - King Henry II of Poland
- June 24 - Ivan Asen II of Bulgaria
- August 10 - Eleanor (born c. 1184)
- August 22 - Pope Gregory IX
- September 23 - Snorri Sturluson, Icelandic historian, poet and politician (born 1178)
- September 26 - Fujiwara no Teika, Japanese poet
- October 25 - Pope Celestine IV
- December 1 - Isabella of England, wife of Frederick II (born 1214)
- Bernardo di Quintavalle
- Ögedei Khan
- Valdemar II of Denmark (born 1170)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1241. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1241 at Familypedia
13 people were born in 1241
7 children were born to the 4 women born in 1241
28 people died in 1241
1015 people lived in 1241
Events of the year 1241 at Familypedia
6 people were married in 1241.
|Rodolphe de Genève (1220-1265)||Marie de la Tour du Pin (c1220-c1266)|
|Heinrich Raspe von Thüringen (1204-1247)||Elisabeth van Brandenburg (c1208-1231) + Gertrud von Österreich (1210-1241) + Beatrix van Brabant (1225-1288)|
|Maria de Dammartin (c1220-c1279)||Jean II de Pierrepont (c1184-1251)|
|Jean II de Pierrepont (c1184-1251)||Isabelle de Dreux (1188-aft1242) + Maria de Dammartin (c1220-c1279)|
|Marie de la Tour du Pin (c1220-c1266)||Rodolphe de Genève (1220-1265)|
|Hendrik II van Brabant (1207-1248)||Maria von Staufen (1201-1235)+Sophie von Thüringen (1224-1275)|
There were 1 military battles in 1241.
|Battle of Legnica||9 April 1241 JL|