Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
1239 1240 1241 - 1242 - 1243 1244 1245
1210s 1220s 1230s - 1240s - 1250s 1260s 1270s
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1242 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1242 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1242 |
|Ab urbe condita||1995|
|Armenian calendar||691 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-602 – -601|
|Coptic calendar||958 – 959|
|Ethiopian calendar||1234 – 1235|
|Hebrew calendar||5002 – 5003|
|- Vikram Samvat||1297 – 1298|
|- Shaka Samvat||1164 – 1165|
|- Kali Yuga||4343 – 4344|
|Iranian calendar||620 – 621|
|Islamic calendar||639 – 640|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1902|
|Thai solar calendar||1785|
- April 5 - During a battle on the ice of Lake Peipus, Russian forces, led by Alexander Nevsky, rebuff an invasion attempt by the Teutonic Knights.
- Emperor Go-Saga ascends to the throne of Japan.
- Batu Khan establishes the Golden Horde at Sarai.
- Cleves, Germany is chartered as a city.
- Kiel, Germany is chartered as a town.
- The diocese of Warmia, Poland is created.
- The archbishop of Wiesbaden conquers the city from the Duke of Nassau.
- The Mongols invade the Seljuk sultanate.
- German colonists arrive in Bratislava after the Mongols fail to conquer the city.
- The Mongols of the Golden Horde devastate Volga Bulgaria, and force the nation to pay tribute.
- Timeline of medicine and medical technology - Ibn Nafis suggests that the right and left ventricles of the heart are separate and describes the lesser circulation of blood.
- A French goldsmith working in Budapest named Guillaume Boucher is captured by the Mongols and taken to Karakorum.
- December 15 - Prince Munetaka, Japanese shogun (died 1274)
- Patrick Dunbar (died 1289)
- George Pachymeres, Byzantine historian
- Beatrix of Castile spouse of King Afonso III of Portugal (†1303)
- February 10 - Emperor Shijō of Japan (born 1231)
- March 26 - William de Forz
- October 7 - Emperor Juntoku of Japan (born 1197)
- Archambaud VIII of Bourbon
- Hōjō Yasutoki, regent of Japan (born 1183)
- Aragon - James I King of Aragon and count of Barcelona (reigned from 1213 to 1276)
- Castile - Ferdinand III, the Saint King of Castile and Leon (reigned from 1217 to 1252)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1242. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1242 at Familypedia
17 people were born in 1242
8 children were born to the 6 women born in 1242
31 people died in 1242
1008 people lived in 1242
Events of the year 1242 at Familypedia
11 people were married in 1242.
|Hedwig von Anhalt (c1228-1259)||Bolesław II the Bald of Poland (c1223-1278)|
|Eva de Braose (-1255)||William III de Cantilupe (-1254)|
|Adelheid von Kyburg (c1222-c1269)||Friedrich III. von Leiningen-Dagsburg (c1205-1287)|
|Jean de Chalon (1190-1267)||Mahaut de Bourgogne (1190-1242) + Isabelle de Courtenay (?-1257) + Laurette de Commercy (c1240-1276)|
|Bolesław II the Bald of Poland (c1223-1278)||Hedwig von Anhalt (c1228-1259) + Eufemia von Pommerellen (c1254-aft1295) + Sophia Doren (?-?)|
|Simon II de Clermont (1208-1280)||Adela de Montfort (1230-1279)|
|Adela de Montfort (1230-1279)||Simon II de Clermont (1208-1280)|
|Margaret de Quincy (1206-1266)||John de Lacy, 1st Earl of Lincoln (c1192-1240)+Walter Marshal, 5th Earl of Pembroke (1196-1245)|
|Manassès V de Rethel (c1205-1272)||Elizabeth d'Ecry|
|Friedrich III. von Leiningen-Dagsburg (c1205-1287)||Adelheid von Kyburg (c1222-c1269)|
|Heinrich IV. von Salm (c1222-c1289)||Maria von Blieskastel|
There were 0 military battles in 1242.