1259 1260 1261 - 1262 - 1263 1264 1265
1230s 1240s 1250s - 1260s - 1270s 1280s 1290s
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1262 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1262 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1262 |
|Ab urbe condita||2015|
|Armenian calendar||711 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-582 – -581|
|Coptic calendar||978 – 979|
|Ethiopian calendar||1254 – 1255|
|Hebrew calendar||5022 – 5023|
|- Vikram Samvat||1317 – 1318|
|- Shaka Samvat||1184 – 1185|
|- Kali Yuga||4363 – 4364|
|Iranian calendar||640 – 641|
|Islamic calendar||660 – 661|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1922|
|Thai solar calendar||1805|
- King Mindaugas of Lithuania renounces Christianity, returning to his pagan roots and reverting to Grand Duke of Lithuania.
- The Icelandic Commonwealth enters into a treaty establishing a union with Norway and acknowledges Norwegian King Haakon IV as its ruler.
- Strasbourg becomes an Imperial Free City of the Holy Roman Empire.
- King Henry III of England obtains a papal bull releasing him from the Provisions of Oxford, preceding the Second Barons' War, a civil war started in 1263.
- King Mengrai of the Lannathai kingdom in present day Thailand founds the city of Chiang Rai as the kingdom's first capital.
- Adam de la Halle writes the first operetta, "Le Jeu de la Feuillee".
- Richard of Chichester is canonized as a saint; he is best known for authoring the prayer later adapted into the song Day by Day in the musical Godspell.
- July 15 - Richard de Clare, English soldier (born 1222)
- Aegidius of Assisi, companion of Saint Francis of Assisi
- Shinran Shonin, Japanese founder of the Jodo Shinshu branch of Pure Land Buddhism
- Matilda II of Boulogne, Queen of Portugal, spouse of King Afonso III of Portugal (born 1202)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1262. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1262 at Familypedia
17 people were born in 1262
18 children were born to the 6 women born in 1262
18 people died in 1262
1017 people lived in 1262
Events of the year 1262 at Familypedia
11 people were married in 1262.
|Pedro III de Aragón (1240-1285)||Constance of Sicily (1249-1302)|
|Rikissa of Sweden (c1237-aft1288)||Haakon of Norway (1232-1257) + Heinrich I. zu Werle (c1245-1291)|
|Amicie de Courtenay (1250-1275)||Robert II d'Artois (1250-1302)|
|Philippe III Capet (1245-1285)||Isabella of Aragon (1247-1271)+Maria van Brabant (1256-1321)|
|Robert II d'Artois (1250-1302)||Amicie de Courtenay (1250-1275)+Agnes de Dampierre (1237-1288)+Marguerite d'Avesnes (-1342)|
|Leo II of Armenia (1237-1289)||Keran of Lampron (-1285)|
|Isabella of Aragon (1247-1271)||Philippe III Capet (1245-1285)|
|Marie de Perwez (c1240-1289)||Philip I. von Vianden (c1217-1273)|
|Constance of Sicily (1249-1302)||Pedro III de Aragón (1240-1285)|
|Philip I. von Vianden (c1217-1273)||Marie de Perwez (c1240-1289)|
|Heinrich I. zu Werle (c1245-1291)||Rikissa of Sweden (c1237-aft1288) + Mathilde von Braunschweig-Lüneburg|
There were 0 military battles in 1262.