Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
1265 1266 1267 - 1268 - 1269 1270 1271
1230s 1240s 1250s - 1260s - 1270s 1280s 1290s
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1268 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1268 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1268 |
|Ab urbe condita||2021|
|Armenian calendar||717 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-576 – -575|
|Coptic calendar||984 – 985|
|Ethiopian calendar||1260 – 1261|
|Hebrew calendar||5028 – 5029|
|- Vikram Samvat||1323 – 1324|
|- Shaka Samvat||1190 – 1191|
|- Kali Yuga||4369 – 4370|
|Iranian calendar||646 – 647|
|Islamic calendar||666 – 667|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1928|
|Thai solar calendar||1811|
War and politics
- February 18 - The Livonian Brothers of the Sword are defeated by Dovmont of Pskov in the Battle of Rakovor.
- October 29 - Conradin, the last legitimate male heir of the Hohenstaufen dynasty of Kings of Germany and Holy Roman Emperors, is executed along with his companion Frederick I by Charles I of Sicily, a political rival and ally to the hostile Roman Catholic church.
- King Stephen V of Hungary launches a war against Bulgaria.
- The county of Wernigerode become a vassal state of the margrave of Brandenburg.
- The House of Bourbon first rises to prominence with the marriage of Robert to King Louis IX of France's daughter, Beatrice of Burgundy, heiress to the lordship of Bourbon.
- New election procedures for the election of the doge are established in Venice in order to reduce the influence of powerful individual families.
- Pope Clement IV dies; the following papal election fails to choose a new pope for almost three years, precipitating the later creation of stringent rules governing the electoral procedures.
- Nicola Pisano completes the famous octagonal Gothic-style pulpit at the Duomo di Siena.
- The carnival in Venice is first recorded.
- In France, the use of hops as the exclusive flavoring agent used in the manufacture of beer is made compulsory.
- In Slovakia, Guta was founded (currently Kolárovo).
- May 18 - The Principality of Antioch, a crusader state, falls to the Mamluk Sultan Baibars in the Battle of Antioch; Baibars' destruction of the city of Antioch was so great as to permanently negate the city's importance.
- The Battle of Xiangyang, a six-year battle between the Chinese Song Dynasty and the Mongol forces of Kublai Khan, begins in what is today Hubei.
- Kublai Khan sends an emissary to the Kamakura Shogunate of Japan demanding an acknowledgment of souzerainty and payment of tribute; the Japanese refuse, starting a diplomatic back-and-forth lasting until the Mongols attempt to invade in 1274.
- An earthquake in Cilicia kills an estimated 60,000 people.
- October 29 - Conradin, Duke of Swabia (executed) (born 1252)
- October 29 - Frederick I (executed) (born 1249)
- November 29 - Pope Clement IV
- December 9 - Vaisvilkas, Prince of Black Ruthenia
- Barral of Baux, Grand Justiciar of Sicily
- Henry de Bracton, English jurist
- Peter II of Savoy (born 1203)
- Gwenyth Hood's alternative history novel The Coming of the Demons explores an alternative history in which Conradin's execution is averted by wandering extraterrestrials.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1268. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1268 at Familypedia
19 people were born in 1268
14 children were born to the 6 women born in 1268
17 people died in 1268
987 people lived in 1268
Events of the year 1268 at Familypedia
16 people were married in 1268.
There were 0 military battles in 1268.