1269 1270 1271 - 1272 - 1273 1274 1275
1240s 1250s 1260s - 1270s - 1280s 1290s 1300s
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1272 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1272 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1272 |
|Ab urbe condita||2025|
|Armenian calendar||721 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-572 – -571|
|Coptic calendar||988 – 989|
|Ethiopian calendar||1264 – 1265|
|Hebrew calendar||5032 – 5033|
|- Vikram Samvat||1327 – 1328|
|- Shaka Samvat||1194 – 1195|
|- Kali Yuga||4373 – 4374|
|Iranian calendar||650 – 651|
|Islamic calendar||670 – 671|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1932|
|Thai solar calendar||1815|
- Mamluk sultan Baibars of Egypt invades the weakening kingdom of Makuria to the south.
- Charles I of Anjou, King of Naples, occupies Durres in Albania and establishes an Albanian kingdom.
- Count Floris V of Holland makes an unsuccessful attack on Frisia in an attempt to recover the body of his father, Count William II.
- November 21 - Edward becomes King of England.
- King Alphonso III of Portugal eliminates the last Moorish community in Portugal at Faro.
- The city of Strasbourg becomes an Imperial Free City of the Holy Roman Empire.
- The Worshipful Company of Cordwainers receives the right to regulate the leather trade in London, England.
- In astronomy, the recording of the Alfonsine tables is completed.
- The first recorded reference of cricket dates back to 1272.
- Bernardo Tolomei (died 1348)
- King Frederick III of Sicily (died 1337)
- Otto I of Hesse (approximate date; died 1328)
- March 17 - Emperor Go-Saga of Japan (born 1220)
- March 18 - John FitzAlan (born 1246)
- April 2 - Richard, Holy Roman Emperor (born 1209)
- April 27 - Saint Zita
- August 6 - King Stephen V of Hungary
- November 16 - King Henry III of England (born 1207)
- December 13 - Bertold von Regensburg, German preacher
- William of Saint-Amour, French scholastic philosopher (born 1200)
- See also 1272 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1272. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1272 at Familypedia
18 people were born in 1272
16 children were born to the 9 women born in 1272
27 people died in 1272
975 people lived in 1272
Events of the year 1272 at Familypedia
8 people were married in 1272.
|Guglielmo VII del Monferrato (c1240-1292)||Isabel de Clare (c1240-1271) + Beatriz of Castile (1254-aft1280)|
|Alexandre III de Montagu (1250-1296)||Agnès de Neufchâtel (1258-1271) + Agnès de Noyers (c1250-c1297)|
|Béatrice de Bourgogne (1257-1310)||Robert de Clermont (1256-1317)|
|Robert de Clermont (1256-1317)||Béatrice de Bourgogne (1257-1310)|
|Guillaume III de Chauvigny (c1256-1322)||Jeanne de Châtillon-sur-Marne (1260-) + Jeanne de Vendôme (1271-1317)|
|Agnès de Noyers (c1250-c1297)||Alexandre III de Montagu (1250-1296)|
|Amédée V de Savoie (1249-1323)||Sibylle de Baugé (1255-1294) + Marie van Brabant (1280-1340)|
|Ulrich I. von Hanau (c1245-bef1306)||Elisabeth von Rieneck-Rothenfels (c1262-c1300)|
There were 0 military battles in 1272.