We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
1276 1277 1278 - 1279 - 1280 1281 1282
1240s 1250s 1260s - 1270s - 1280s 1290s 1300s
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1279 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1279 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1279 |
|Ab urbe condita||2032|
|Armenian calendar||728 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-565 – -564|
|Coptic calendar||995 – 996|
|Ethiopian calendar||1271 – 1272|
|Hebrew calendar||5039 – 5040|
|- Vikram Samvat||1334 – 1335|
|- Shaka Samvat||1201 – 1202|
|- Kali Yuga||4380 – 4381|
|Iranian calendar||657 – 658|
|Islamic calendar||677 – 678|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1939|
|Thai solar calendar||1822|
- March 5 - Lithuanian forces led by Traidenis defeat the Teutonic Knights in the Battle of Aizkraukle.
- The first of the Statutes of Mortmain are passed under king Edward I of England, which prevents land from passing into possession of the church.
- The second of two main surveys of the Hundred Rolls, an English census seen as a follow up to the Domesday Book completed in 1086, is begun; it lasts until 1280.
- Al-Razi's important medical writings are translated into Latin by Faraj ben Salim some 350 years after Al-Razi's death.
- The Royal Mint of England moves into the Tower of London.
- Haapsalu town (Estonia) is founded.
- March 19 - Kublai Khan's Mongol Yuan Dynasty defeats the Song Dynasty in the Battle of Yamen. This completes the Mongol conquest of China and ends the Song Dynasty.
- October 12 - The Dai-Gohonzon, the supreme object of veneration of Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism, is inscribed by Nichiren.
- A Mongol diplomatic party sent by Kublai Khan to Japan is killed by Japan's regent Hōjō Tokimune, leading to a second invasion attempt by the Mongols in 1281.
- The Chola Dynasty of South India falls under attacks by the Hoysala Empire and Pandyan kingdom.
- Mamluk sultan Baraka Khan and emir Qalawun of Egypt invade Armenia; a revolt in Egypt while they are away forces Baraka to abdicate and allows Qalawun to become sultan.
- February 16 - King Afonso III of Portugal (born 1210)
- March - Zhang Shijie, Chinese admiral and official
- March 19 - Emperor Bing of Song China (born 1271)
- April 14 - Duke Boleslaus of Greater Poland
- September 11 - Robert Kilwardby, Archbishop of Canterbury
- December 7 - King Boleslaus V of Poland (born 1226)
- Walter Giffard, Lord Chancellor of England and archbishop
- Jeanne of Dammartin, Queen consort of Castile and León (born 1216)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1279. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1279 at Familypedia
13 people were born in 1279
8 children were born to the 5 women born in 1279
27 people died in 1279
993 people lived in 1279
Events of the year 1279 at Familypedia
8 people were married in 1279.
There were 0 military battles in 1279.