Obi-Wan Finale - The Loop
Do you like this video?
1291 1292 1293 - 1294 - 1295 1296 1297
1260s 1270s 1280s - 1290s - 1300s 1310s 1320s
12th century - 13th century - 14th century
|1294 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Art and literature|
|1294 in poetry|
|Gregorian calendar||1294 |
|Ab urbe condita||2047|
|Armenian calendar||743 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-550 – -549|
|Coptic calendar||1010 – 1011|
|Ethiopian calendar||1286 – 1287|
|Hebrew calendar||5054 – 5055|
|- Vikram Samvat||1349 – 1350|
|- Shaka Samvat||1216 – 1217|
|- Kali Yuga||4395 – 4396|
|Iranian calendar||672 – 673|
|Islamic calendar||693 – 694|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1954|
|Thai solar calendar||1837|
- July 5 - Pope Celestine V succeeds Nicholas IV as the 192nd pope.
- Autumn - In response to the actions of new royal administrators in north and west Wales, Madog ap Llywelyn leads a revolt against his English overlords.
- December 24 - Pope Boniface VIII succeeds Pope Celestine V as the 193rd pope after Celestine V abdicates the papacy on December 13, only five months after reluctantly accepting his surprise election on July 5, wishing to return to his life as an ascetic hermit.
- The death of Kublai Khan allows the four khanates of the Mongol Empire (the Chagatai Khanate, the Golden Horde, the Ilkhanate, and the Yuan Dynasty of China) to formally become independent; they each had already been moving toward independence during Kublai's reign.
- John Balliol, King of Scotland, decides to refuse King Edward I of England's demands for support in a planned invasion of France, and instead informs the French of Edward's plans and negotiates the Auld Alliance with France and Norway. These actions play a part in precipitating the Scottish Wars of Independence, which begin in 1296.
- The Strata Florida Abbey is rebuilt; it had been destroyed some years earlier in King Edward I of England's conquest of Wales.
- Architect Arnolfo di Cambio designs the Florentine cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore, better known simply as Il Duomo. He also begins work on the Basilica di Santa Croce di Firenze, also in Florence.
- England and Portugal enter into the first iteration of the Anglo-Portuguese Alliance, the oldest alliance in the world still in force.
- Edward I of England and Philip the Fair of France declare war on each other. To finance this war, both kings lay taxes on the clergy. Pope Boniface VIII insists that kings gain papal consent of taxation of the clergy and forbids churchmen to pay taxes.
- February 18 - Kublai Khan of the Mongol Empire (born 1215)
- May 3 - John I
- December 25 - Mściwój II of Pomerania
- Roger Bacon, English philosopher and scientist
- Emperor Yagbe'u Seyon of Ethiopia
- John I of Brienne
- Brunetto Latini, Florentine philosopher (born c. 1220)
- Dmitri of Pereslavl, Grand Duke of Vladimir-Suzdal
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1294. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1294 at Familypedia
11 people were born in 1294
5 children were born to the 2 women born in 1294
19 people died in 1294
982 people lived in 1294
Events of the year 1294 at Familypedia
11 people were married in 1294.
There were 0 military battles in 1294.