We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
1382 1383 1384 - 1385 - 1386 1387 1388
1350s 1360s 1370s - 1380s - 1390s 1400s 1410s
13th century - 14th century - 15th century
|1385 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Gregorian calendar||1385 |
|Ab urbe condita||2138|
|Armenian calendar||834 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-459 – -458|
|Coptic calendar||1101 – 1102|
|Ethiopian calendar||1377 – 1378|
|Hebrew calendar||5145 – 5146|
|- Vikram Samvat||1440 – 1441|
|- Shaka Samvat||1307 – 1308|
|- Kali Yuga||4486 – 4487|
|Iranian calendar||763 – 764|
|Islamic calendar||786 – 787|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2045|
|Thai solar calendar||1928|
- August 14 - Battle of Aljubarrota - John of Aviz defeats John I of Castile in the decisive battle of the 1383-1385 Crisis. John of Aviz is crowned King John I of Portugal, ending Queen Beatrice's rule, and Portugal's independence from Castile is secured.
- August 14 - The Union of Krewo establishes the Jagiellonian dynasty in Poland and Lithuania through the proposed marriage of Queen Jadwiga of Poland and Grand Duke Jagiello of Lithuania and saw the acceptance of Roman Catholicism by the Lithuanian elite.
- October 15 - Battle of Valverde between the armies of Portugal and Castile
- The marriage of Charles VI of France and Isabella of Bavaria-Straubing is celebrated with France's first court ball.
- With help from the Ottoman Empire, the Albanians expel their conquerors from Zeta (now Montenegro). Balša II of Zeta is killed in the battle and is succeeded by his cousin, Đurađ II. Albania is then conquered by the Ottomans after the Battle of Savra and the Albanians begin an eighty year resistance to Turkish rule.
- A group of Hungarian nobels help Charles III of Naples to overthrow Queen Mary as ruler of Hungary and Croatia.
- Scotland resists a small invasion force from England.
- Tokhtamysh of the Golden Horde conquers parts the Jalayirid Empire in western Persia, causing a rift between himself and Timur of the Timurid Empire, who had also wanted to conquer Persia.
- Olav IV of Norway is elected as King of Sweden, in opposition to the unpopular King Albert.
- Estense Castle is built in Ferrara in present-day Italy.
- Bodiam Castle is built in East Sussex, England.
- Thomas Ebendorfer, Austrian historian, (died 1464)
- John FitzAlan (died 1421)
- Jan van Eyck, Flemish painter (approximate date; died 1441)
- Margaret Holland, English noblewoman (died 1429)
- Andronikos IV Palaiologos, co-ruler of the Byzantine Empire
- Joan of Kent, wife of Edward (born 1328)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1385. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1385 at Familypedia
32 people were born in 1385
20 children were born to the 13 women born in 1385
13 people died in 1385
886 people lived in 1385
Events of the year 1385 at Familypedia
20 people were married in 1385.
There were 0 military battles in 1385.