Events and Trends
- Korean founder of the Joseon Dynasty General Yi Seonggye led a coup d'état, overthrowing the kingdom of Goryeo and founding the kingdom of Joseon.
- End of the reign of Emperor Go-Kameyama of Japan.
- Expulsion of Jews from France.
- Richard Whittington aka Dick Whittington is elected Lord Mayor of London.
- John Beaufort becomes Earl of Somerset.
- Glendalough monastery, Wicklow Ireland destroyed.
- Construction of the Stecknitz Canal as one of the oldest artificial waterways of the world.
- Timur arrived on the bank of the Indus River, and proceeded to sack Delhi.
- Henry IV becomes King of England.
- King Sejong the Great of Joseon, the humane scientist ruler of Korea
- August 10 - Albert II of Habsburg, emperor of the Holy Roman Empire
- Emperor Go-En'yu of Japan, fifth and last of the Northern Ashikaga Pretenders
- Emperor Sukō, third of the Northern Ashikaga Pretenders.
- Hongwu Emperor of China, founder of the Ming Dynasty.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1390s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|