|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1390s 1400s 1410s - 1420s - 1430s 1440s 1450s
|Years:||1425 1426 1427 - 1428 - 1429 1430 1431|
|1428 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1428
- October 12 - English forces under Thomas Montacute besiege Orléans. Jean de Dunois, the Bastard of Orléans, commands the defenders.
- October 24 - Thomas Montacute, 4th Earl of Salisbury is mortally wounded in an unsuccessful assault on Orléans. He is succeeded in command by William de la Pole, 4th Earl of Suffolk.
- August 30 - Emperor Go-Hanazono accedes to the throne of Japan.
- Itzcóatl becomes ruler of the Aztecs. He eventually begins the construction of Tenochtitlan.
- The Aztec Triple Alliance also known as The Aztec Empire forms with the alliance of three Aztec city-states: Tenochtitlán, Texcoco, and Tlacopán.
- A serious fire occurs at Baynard's Castle in London.
- Voices tell Joan of Arc that the dauphin have to be crowned and English expelled from France.
|Gregorian calendar||1428 |
|Ab urbe condita||2181|
|Armenian calendar||877 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-416 – -415|
|Coptic calendar||1144 – 1145|
|Ethiopian calendar||1420 – 1421|
|Hebrew calendar||5188 – 5189|
|- Vikram Samvat||1483 – 1484|
|- Shaka Samvat||1350 – 1351|
|- Kali Yuga||4529 – 4530|
|Iranian calendar||806 – 807|
|Islamic calendar||831 – 832|
— changed to —Shocho 1
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2088|
|Thai solar calendar||1971|
- May 3 - Pedro González de Mendoza, Spanish cardinal and statesman (died 1495)
- September 21 - Jingtai Emperor of China (died 1457)
- November 22 - Richard Neville, English kingmaker (died 1471)
- date unknown - Donato Acciaioli, Italian scholar (died 1478)
- probable - Didrik Pining, German explorer (approximate date)
- February 3 - Ashikaga Yoshimochi, Japanese shogun (born 1386)
- June 15 - Paulus Venetus, Catholic theologian
- August 27 - Jan Piast, Duke of Ziebice (born 1370)
- August 30 - Emperor Shoko of Japan (born 1401)
- November 3 - Thomas Montacute, English military leader (mortally wounded in battle) (born 1388)
- December 27 - Elizabeth Lacković, Croatian-Hungarian noblewoman
- date unknown
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1428. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1428 at Familypedia
13 people were born in 1428
10 children were born to the 8 women born in 1428
13 people died in 1428
863 people lived in 1428
Events of the year 1428 at Familypedia
15 people were married in 1428.
There were 0 military battles in 1428.