|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1410s 1420s 1430s - 1440s - 1450s 1460s 1470s
|Years:||1445 1446 1447 - 1448 - 1449 1450 1451|
|1448 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1448
- January 5/ 6 - Christopher of Bavaria, King of Denmark, Norway and Sweden dies with no designated heir leaving all three kingdoms with vacant thrones. Brothers Bengt Jönsson Oxenstierna and Nils Jönsson Oxenstierna are selected to serve as Co-Regents of Sweden.
- June 20 - The Regency period of Sweden ends with the election of Karl Knutsson Bonde as King Charles VIII of Sweden.
- June 28 - Charles VIII of Sweden is publicly hailed as King at Mora Stones.
- September 28 - Christian of Oldenburg, betrothed to Queen Dowager Dorothea of Brandenburg, becomes King Christian I of Denmark.
- October 17 - Battle of Kosovo - Hungarian forces under John Hunyadi are defeated by the Turks due to the treachery of Prince Dan of Wallachia and George Brankovic of Serbia.
- Queens' College founded by Margaret of Anjou.
- Vatican Library founded by Pope Nicholas V.
- Vlad III the Impaler becomes reigning Prince of Wallachia for two months before being deposed by Vladislav II.
|Gregorian calendar||1448 |
|Ab urbe condita||2201|
|Armenian calendar||897 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-396 – -395|
|Coptic calendar||1164 – 1165|
|Ethiopian calendar||1440 – 1441|
|Hebrew calendar||5208 – 5209|
|- Vikram Samvat||1503 – 1504|
|- Shaka Samvat||1370 – 1371|
|- Kali Yuga||4549 – 4550|
|Iranian calendar||826 – 827|
|Islamic calendar||851 – 852|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2108|
|Thai solar calendar||1991|
- November 4 - King Alphonso II of Naples (died 1495)
- date unknown
- January 6 - Christopher of Bavaria, King of Denmark, Norway and Sweden (born 1418)
- September 23 - Adolph I (born 1373)
- October 31 - John VIII Palaeologus, Byzantine Emperor (born 1390)
- date unknown - Zhu Quan, Chinese general (born 1391)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1448. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1448 at Familypedia
20 people were born in 1448
11 children were born to the 9 women born in 1448
11 people died in 1448
909 people lived in 1448
Events of the year 1448 at Familypedia
8 people were married in 1448.
|Elizabeth Hopton (1421-1498)||Robert Corbert (1419-1468) + John de Tiptoft, 1st Earl of Worcester (1427-1470) + William Stanley (c1436-1495)|
|Catherine Howard (c1414-aft1478)||Edward Neville, 3rd Baron Bergavenny (c1417-1476)|
|Adelheid von Oldenburg-Welsburg (c1425-1496)||Ernst von Hohnstein (-1454)+Gebhard VI. von Mansfeld (c1429-1492)|
|Jost Nikolaus I. von Hohenzollern (1433-1488)||Agnes von Werdenberg-Heiligenberg (1434-1467)|
|Agnes von Isenburg-Büdingen (-aft1496)||Wilhelm I. von Wertheim (1421-1482)|
|Gebhard VI. von Mansfeld (c1429-1492)||Adelheid von Oldenburg-Welsburg (c1425-1496)|
|Agnes von Werdenberg-Heiligenberg (1434-1467)||Jost Nikolaus I. von Hohenzollern (1433-1488)|
|Wilhelm I. von Wertheim (1421-1482)||Agnes von Isenburg-Büdingen (-aft1496)|
There were 0 military battles in 1448.