|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1420s 1430s 1440s - 1450s - 1460s 1470s 1480s
|Years:||1454 1455 1456 - 1457 - 1458 1459 1460|
|1457 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1457
- Albert Ludwigs University of Freiburg is founded.
- Ştefan cel Mare secures the throne of Moldavia, which he retains for the next 47 years.
- Edo Castle was built by Ōta Dōkan in what is now Tokyo.
- Charles VIII of Sweden is declared deposed. Archbishop of Sweden Jöns Bengtsson Oxenstierna and statesman Erik Axelsson Tott become Co-Regents of Sweden. The throne is then offered to Christian I of Denmark and Norway.
- After years of captivity and absence from the Ming throne, the Zhengtong Emperor of China is reinstated as the Tianshun Emperor.
|Gregorian calendar||1457 |
|Ab urbe condita||2210|
|Armenian calendar||906 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-387 – -386|
|Coptic calendar||1173 – 1174|
|Ethiopian calendar||1449 – 1450|
|Hebrew calendar||5217 – 5218|
|- Vikram Samvat||1512 – 1513|
|- Shaka Samvat||1379 – 1380|
|- Kali Yuga||4558 – 4559|
|Iranian calendar||835 – 836|
|Islamic calendar||861 – 862|
— changed to —Chōroku 1
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2117|
|Thai solar calendar||2000|
- January 28 - King Henry VII of England (died 1509)
- February 13 - Mary of Burgundy, wife of Maximilian I (died 1482)
- November 22 - Jacob Obrecht, Dutch composer (died 1505)
- date unknown
- March 14 - Jingtai Emperor of China (born 1428)
- March 16 - László Hunyadi, Hungarian statesman and warrior (born 1433)
- May 22 - Saint Rita of Cascia, Italian saint (born 1381)
- August 1 - Lorenzo Valla, Italian humanist
- November 23 - King Ladislaus Posthumus of Bohemia and Hungary (born 1440)
- date unknown
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1457. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1457 at Familypedia
10 people were born in 1457
10 children were born to the 7 women born in 1457
13 people died in 1457
945 people lived in 1457
Events of the year 1457 at Familypedia
6 people were married in 1457.
|John Neville, Marquess of Montagu (c1431-1471)||Isabel Ingoldsthorp (1441-1476)|
|Margareta of Zagan (c1425-aft1491)||Volrad II. von Mansfeld (c1380-1450) + Heinrich XI. von Hohnstein-Wittenberg (-1454) + Heinrich III. von Braunschweig-Grubenhagen (c1416-1464)|
|Thomas Stanley, 1st Earl of Derby (1435-1504)||Eleanor Neville (1447-1482) + Margaret Beaufort (1443-1509)|
|Charlotte de Lusignan (1444-1487)||John of Portugal (c1432-1457) + Louis de Savoie (1436-1482)|
|Arnaud Amanieu of Albret (c1424-1463)||Isabelle de La Tour (-1488)|
|Kuno zu Solms-Lich (1420-1477)||Walpurgis zu Dhaun (1440-1493)|
There were 0 military battles in 1457.