Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1430s 1440s 1450s - 1460s - 1470s 1480s 1490s
|Years:||1457 1458 1459 - 1460 - 1461 1462 1463|
|1460 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1460
- The first Portuguese navigators reach the coast of modern Sierra Leone.
- March 5 - King Christian I of Denmark issues the Treaty of Ribe.
- March 6 - Treaty of Alcacovas - Portugal gives Castile the Canary Islands in exchange for claims in West Africa
- March 7 - Bavaria original formula was discover in Dortmund, Germany.
- May 4 - Portuguese navigators Diogo Gomes e António da Nola discovered the islands of Cape Vert
- June - The Earl of Warwick and Edward, Earl of March, eldest son of the Duke of York, land in England with an army and seize London.
- July 10 - Battle of Northampton - Warwick and March defeat a Lancastrian army and seize King Henry. It is agreed that York will be Henry's heir, disinheriting the King's son Edward of Westminster.
- December 30 - Battle of Wakefield - A Lancastrian army under Henry Beaufort and Henry Percy defeats a Yorkist army under the Duke of York and his son, Edmund. Both York and Rutland are killed, the latter murdered after the battle. York's son Edward becomes leader of the Yorkist faction.
|Gregorian calendar||1460 |
|Ab urbe condita||2213|
|Armenian calendar||909 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-384 – -383|
|Coptic calendar||1176 – 1177|
|Ethiopian calendar||1452 – 1453|
|Hebrew calendar||5220 – 5221|
|- Vikram Samvat||1515 – 1516|
|- Shaka Samvat||1382 – 1383|
|- Kali Yuga||4561 – 4562|
|Iranian calendar||838 – 839|
|Islamic calendar||864 – 865|
— changed to —Kanshō 1
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2120|
|Thai solar calendar||2003|
- May 3 - Raffaele Riario, cardinal (died 1521)
- May 8 - Frederick I (died 1536)
- September 29 - Louis II de la Trémoille, military leader (died 1525)
- date unknown
- Antoine Brumel, Flemish composer (died 1515)
- Tristão da Cunha, Portuguese explorer (died 1540)
- Konstanty Ostrogski, Grand Hetman of Lithuania (died 1530)
- Vicente Yáñez Pinzón, Spanish navigator (died 1523)
- Tilman Riemenschneider, German sculptor (died 1531)
- Arnolt Schlick, German organist and composer
- Charles Somerset (died 1526)
- July 10
- August 3 - King James II of Scotland (born 1430)
- September 20 - Gilles Binchois, Flemish composer
- November 13 - Prince Henry the Navigator, Portuguese patron of exploration (born 1394)
- December 14 - Guarino da Verona, Italian humanist (born 1370)
- December 30 - Richard Plantagenet, claimant to the English throne (killed in battle) (born 1411)
- December 31
- date unknown
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1460. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1460 at Familypedia
50 people were born in 1460
28 children were born to the 18 women born in 1460
41 people died in 1460
957 people lived in 1460
Events of the year 1460 at Familypedia
8 people were married in 1460.
|William de Cotton (c1432-1460)||Agnes Young (1437-1524)|
|George Gordon, 2nd Earl of Huntly (bef1455-1501)||Elizabeth Dunbar (-)+Annabelle Stewart (1432-1509)+Elizabeth Hay (-)|
|Joan Neville (c1443-)||William Gascoigne (c1439-c1464)+James Harrington (-1488)|
|William Stanley (c1445-1512)||Margaret Bromley (c1442-)+Agnes Grosvenor (c1460-)|
|Annabelle Stewart (1432-1509)||Louis of Savoy, Count of Geneva+George Gordon (1428-1501)|
|Ernst von Sachsen (1441-1486)||Elisabeth von Bayern-München (1443-1484)|
|Elisabeth von Bayern-München (1443-1484)||Ernst von Sachsen (1441-1486)|
|Agnes Young (1437-1524)||William de Cotton (c1432-1460)|
There were 2 military battles in 1460.
|Battle of Northampton (1460)||10 July 1460 JL|
|Battle of Wakefield||30 December 1460 JL|