|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1430s 1440s 1450s - 1460s - 1470s 1480s 1490s
|Years:||1462 1463 1464 - 1465 - 1466 1467 1468|
|1465 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1465
- January 30 - Charles VIII of Sweden is deposed. Clergyman Kettil Karlsson Vasa becomes Regent of Sweden.
- July 13 - Battle of Montlhéry Troops of King Louis XI of France fight inconclusively against an army of the great nobles organized as the League of the Public Weal.
- August 11 - Regent Kettil Karlsson Vasa dies and is succeeded by Jöns Bengtsson Oxenstierna.
- Amadeus IX becomes Duke of Savoy
- Former King Henry VI of England is captured by Yorkist forces and imprisoned in the Tower of London. Queen consort Margaret of Anjou and the Prince of Wales Edward of Westminster had fled to France.
- Massive flooding in central and southern China motives the initial construction of hundreds of new bridges under the Ming Dynasty.
- June 10 - Mercurino Gattinara, Italian statesman and jurist (died 1530)
- August 17 - Philibert I (died 1482)
- September 11 - Bernardo Accolti, Italian poet (died 1536)
- October 10 - Selim I, sultan of the Ottoman Empire (died 1520)
- October 14 - Konrad Peutinger, German humanist and antiquarian (died 1547)
- December 11 - Ashikaga Yoshihisa, Japanese shogun (died 1489)
- date unknown
- January 5 - Charles, French poet (born 1394)
- January 14 - Thomas Beckington, English statesman and prelate
- March 30 - Isabella of Taranto, queen consort of Naples (born c.1424)
- April 30 - Jacob of Juterbogk, theologian (born c. 1381)
- May 12 - Thomas Palaiologos, claimant to Byzantine throne (born 1409)
- August 11 - Kettil Karlsson, regent of Sweden born 1433
- October 14 - Baron Raß von Balzers, descendant of Frederick II
- date unknown
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1465. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1465 at Familypedia
29 people were born in 1465
17 children were born to the 9 women born in 1465
21 people died in 1465
900 people lived in 1465
Events of the year 1465 at Familypedia
12 people were married in 1465.
|Thomas Mainwaring (c1437-1508)||Jane Sutton (c1434-1476)|
|Ippolita Maria Sforza (1446-1484)||Alphonso II of Naples (1448-1495)|
|Anne Stafford (c1430-)||William Berkeley (c1434-1501)|
|William Stanley (c1436-1495)||Joan Beaumont (-1466)+Elizabeth Hopton (1427-1498)|
|Edmund Sutton (c1430-1483)||Joyce Tiptoft (aft1425-1443) + Matilda Clifford (bef1465-)|
|Jane Sutton (c1434-1476)||Thomas Mainwaring (c1437-1508)|
|Anne Talbot (c1445-1494)||Henry Vernon (1441-1515) +Ralph Shirley (c1435-1459)|
|Alphonso II of Naples (1448-1495)||Ippolita Maria Sforza (1446-1484) + Trogia Gazzela (c1460-1511)|
|Joan Tudor (c1453-1495)||William Ap Yeuan Williams (c1443-)|
|Catherine Woodville (c1458-1497)||Henry Stafford, 2nd Duke of Buckingham (1455-1483)+Jasper Tudor, 1st Duke of Bedford (1431-1495)+Richard Wingfield (1460-1525)|
|William Berkeley (c1434-1501)||Anne Stafford (c1430-)|
|Jakob I. von Mörs und Saarwerden (c1421-1483)||Anastasie von Leiningen-Dagsburg-Hartenburg (c1424-1452)+Kunigunde von Waldburg zu Sonnenberg (c1444-)|
There were 0 military battles in 1465.