Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1440s 1450s 1460s - 1470s - 1480s 1490s 1500s
|Years:||1468 1469 1470 - 1471 - 1472 1473 1474|
|1471 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1471
- March 1st Emperor Le Thanh Tong captured Champa Capital, established new regions in middle Vietnam.
- March - The Yorkist King Edward IV returns to England to reclaim his throne.
- April 14 - Battle of Barnet - Edward defeats the Lancastrian army under Warwick, who is killed.
- May 4 - Battle of Tewkesbury - King Edward defeats a Lancastrian army under Queen Margaret and her son, Edward of Westminster the Prince of Wales, who is killed. Later in the month, King Henry VI of England is murdered, eliminating all Lancastrian opposition.
- July 14 - Battle of Shelon between forces of Muscovy and the Republic of Novgorod.
- August 9 - Pope Sixtus IV succeeds Pope Paul II as the 212th pope.
- August 29 - King Afonso V of Portugal conquers Tangiers, in Morocco
- October 10 - Battle of Brunkeberg in Stockholm. The forces of Regent of Sweden Sten Sture the Elder with help of farmers and miners repel an attack by Christian I, King of Denmark.
- The Shetland and Orkney islands were ceded to Scotland in lieu of an unpaid dowry.
- First Inca Pachacuti Inca Yupanqui of the Inca Empire dies and is succeeded by his son Tupac Inca Yupanqui.
- Pedro Escobar and João Gomes first visit São Tomé and Principe.
- Portuguese sailors reach Mina de Ouro on the Gold Coast (present-day Ghana) and explore Cape St. Catherine, two degrees south of the equator. Mina de Ouro becomes the chief center for the gold trade and a major source of revenue for the crown.
- Moorish exiles from Spain, led by Moulay Ali Ben Moussa Ben Rached El Alami, founded the city of Chefchaouen in the north of Morocco.
- February 15 - Piero di Lorenzo de' Medici, ruler of Florence (died 1503)
- May 21 - Albrecht Dürer, German artist, writer, and mathematician (died 1528)
- July 15 - Eskender, Emperor of Ethiopia (died 1494)
- July 31 - Jan Feliks "Szram" Tarnowski, Polish nobleman (died 1507)
- August 27 - George (died 1539)
- October 7 - King Frederick I of Denmark (died 1533)
- October 15 - Konrad Mutian, German humanist (died 1526)
- date unknown
- January 18 - Emperor Go-Hanazono of Japan (born 1419)
- February 10 - Frederick II (born 1413)
- February 21 - John of Rokycan, Archbishop of Prague (born c1396)
- March 14 - Thomas Malory, English author (born c1405)
- March 22 - George of Podebrady, first elected King of Bohemia (born1420)
- April 14
- May 4
- May 21 - King Henry VI of England (murdered in prison) (born 1421)
- July 25 - Thomas à Kempis, German monk and writer (born 1380)
- July 26 - Pope Paul II (born 1417)
- August 20 - Borso d'Este, Duke of Ferrara (born 1413)
- December 17 - Infanta Isabel (born 1397)
- date unknown
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1471. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1471 at Familypedia
12 people were born in 1471
12 children were born to the 7 women born in 1471
29 people died in 1471
914 people lived in 1471
Events of the year 1471 at Familypedia
9 people were married in 1471.
|John II of Nevers (bef1415-1491)||Jacqueline d'Ailly + Pauline de Brosse (c1450-1479) + Françoise d'Albret (c1454-1521)|
|Elizabeth Hopton (1421-1498)||Robert Corbert (1419-1468) + John de Tiptoft, 1st Earl of Worcester (1427-1470) + William Stanley (c1436-1495)|
|John Scrope, 5th Baron Scrope of Bolton (1435-1498)||Joan FitzHugh (c1434-c1484)+ Elizabeth St John (-bef1495)+Anne Harling (-aft1491)|
|William Stanley (c1436-1495)||Joan Beaumont (-1466)+Elizabeth Hopton (1427-1498)|
|Albrecht III. von Braunschweig-Grubenhagen-Herzberg (1419-1485)||Elisabeth von Waldeck (c1454-aft1513)|
|Friedrich I. von der Pfalz (1425-1476)||Klara Tott (c1429-1520)|
|René II de Lorraine (1451-1508)||Jeanne of Harcourt (?-1488) + Filippa van Egmont (1465-1547)|
|Ottilie von Nassau-Dillenburg (1437-1493)||Philipp von Katzenelnbogen (1427-1453)+Oswald von Thierstein (?-1488)|
|Elisabeth von Waldeck (c1454-aft1513)||Albrecht III. von Braunschweig-Grubenhagen-Herzberg (1419-1485)|
There were 2 military battles in 1471.
|Battle of Barnet||14 April 1471 JL|
|Battle of Tewkesbury||4 May 1471 JL|