|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1440s 1450s 1460s - 1470s - 1480s 1490s 1500s
|Years:||1474 1475 1476 - 1477 - 1478 1479 1480|
|1477 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
- January 5 - Battle of Nancy - Charles the Bold of Burgundy is again defeated, and this time is killed. This marks the end of the Burgundian Wars.
- February 10 - Mary of Burgundy, the daughter of Charles the Bold, is forced by her disgruntled subjects to sign the "Great Privilege," by which the Flemish cities recovered all the local and communal rights which had been abolished by the arbitrary decrees of the dukes of Burgundy in their efforts to create in the Low Countries a centralized state.
- August 18 - Mary of Burgundy marries Maximilian I in Ghent, bringing her Flemish and Burgundian lands into the Holy Roman Empire and detaching them from France.
- The Swedish University of Uppsala is founded.
- November 18 - William Caxton produces "Dictes or Sayengis of the Philosophres", the first English book printed on a printing press.
- January 14 - Hermann of Wied, German Catholic archbishop (died 1552)
- January 16 - Johannes Schöner, German astronomer and cartographer (died 1547)
- January 25 - Anne of Brittany, queen of Charles VIII of France (died 1514)
- February 3 - Edward Stafford (died 1521)
- March 20 - Jerome Emser, German theologian (d. 1527)
- July 4 - Johannes Aventinus, Bavarian historian and philologist (died 1534)
- date unknown
- January 2
- January 5 - Charles (killed in battle) (born 1433)
- January 6 - Jean VIII
- August 4 - Jacques d'Armagnac
- August 11 - Latino Orsini, cardinal (born 1411)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1477. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1477 at Familypedia
13 people were born in 1477
5 children were born to the 6 women born in 1477
18 people died in 1477
905 people lived in 1477
Events of the year 1477 at Familypedia
5 people were married in 1477.
|Mary of Burgundy (1457-1482)||Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor (1459-1519)|
|Bogislaw X. von Pommern (1454-1523)||Anna von Mecklenburg (-1464) + Margareta von Brandenburg (-1489) + Anna Jagiellon (1476-1503)|
|Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor (1459-1519)||Mary of Burgundy (1457-1482)+Anne de Bretagne (1477-1514)+Bianca Maria Sforza (1472-1510)+Margaret von Edelsheim (c1471-c1522)|
|Elizabeth Nevill (1464-1517)||Thomas Scrope, 6th Baron Scrope of Masham (1459-1494)+Henry Wentworth (c1448-1501)|
|Philipp II. von Nassau-Weilburg (1418-1492)||Margarete von Loen zu Heinsberg (1426-1446)+Veronika von Sayn-Wittgenstein (?-1511)|
There were 1 military battles in 1477.
|Battle of Nancy||5 January 1477 JL|