|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1450s 1460s 1470s - 1480s - 1490s 1500s 1510s
|Years:||1480 1481 1482 - 1483 - 1484 1485 1486|
|1483 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1483
- The São Tomé settlement is founded.
- April 9 - Edward V becomes King of England.
- April 30 - Orbital calculations suggest that on this day Pluto moved inside Neptune's orbit until July 23, 1503.
- April - King Edward V of England and his younger brother Richard, Duke of York reside in the Tower of London. Later this year rumors of their murders start circulating. By December the rumors have reached France. This is the beginning of the mystery concerning the fates of the two Princes in the Tower.
- May 14 - Coronation of Charles VIII of France ("Charles l'Affable").
- June 13 - Execution of William Hastings, the first recorded execution at the Tower of London.
- June 25 - Before his coronation King Edward V of England is deposed by his uncle, Richard, Duke of Gloucester, who becomes King as Richard III of England.
- July 6 - Richard III crowned king of England.
- August 9 - Opening of the Sistine Chapel.
- October - A rebellion by the Duke of Buckingham is crushed by Richard III.
- Isaac Abravanel flees Portugal after being implicated in a plot against the king.
|Gregorian calendar||1483 |
|Ab urbe condita||2236|
|Armenian calendar||932 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-361 – -360|
|Coptic calendar||1199 – 1200|
|Ethiopian calendar||1475 – 1476|
|Hebrew calendar||5243 – 5244|
|- Vikram Samvat||1538 – 1539|
|- Shaka Samvat||1405 – 1406|
|- Kali Yuga||4584 – 4585|
|Iranian calendar||861 – 862|
|Islamic calendar||887 – 888|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2143|
|Thai solar calendar||2026|
- January 12 - Henry III of Nassau-Breda, Baron of Breda (died 1538)
- February 14 - Zahir al-Din Mohammed Babur Shah, founder of the Moghul dynasty (died 1530)
- March 6 - Francesco Guicciardini, Italian historian (died 1540)
- April 6 - Rafael, Italian painter and architect (died 1520)
- October 16 - Gasparo Contarini, Italian diplomat and cardinal (died 1542)
- November 10 - Martin Luther, German monk and Protestant reformer (died 1546)
- December 3 - Nicolaus Von Amsdorf, German Protestant reformer (died 1565)
- date unknown
- April 4 - Henry Bourchier (born c.1405)
- February 27 - William VIII of Montferrat (born 1420)
- April 9 - King Edward IV of England (born 1442)
- June 13 - Richard Grey, half brother of Edward V of England (executed) (born 1458)
- June 25 - Anthony Woodville (executed) (born 1442)
- June (date uncertain) - William Hastings (executed) (born 1431)
- August 30 - King Louis XI of France (born 1423)
- November 2 - Henry Stafford, English politician (born 1454)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1483. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1483 at Familypedia
14 people were born in 1483
4 children were born to the 5 women born in 1483
30 people died in 1483
909 people lived in 1483
Events of the year 1483 at Familypedia
6 people were married in 1483.
|Henry Scrope, 6th Baron Scrope of Bolton (c1468-1506)||Elizabeth Percy (1460-1512)|
|John St. John (c1450-1525)||Sybil verch Morgan (-)|
|Nicholas Vaux, 1st Baron Vaux of Harrowden (1460-1523)||Elizabeth Fitzhugh (1455-1513)+ Anne Green (c1489-c1523)|
|Alice Walleys (bef1465-)||Simon Digby (c1455-1519)|
|Elisabeth von Pfalz-Zweibrücken und Veldenz (1469-1500)||Johann von Solms-Münzenberg (c1466-1483)+Johann Ludwig I. von Nassau-Saarbrücken (1472-1545)|
|Elena of Moldavia (1467-1505)||Ivan Ivanovich of Russia (1458-1490)|
There were 0 military battles in 1483.