Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1470s 1480s 1490s - 1500s - 1510s 1520s 1530s
|Years:||1497 1498 1499 - 1500 - 1501 1502 1503|
|1500 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture – Art –|
|Literature – Music – Poetry – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Marriages|
Events of 1500
- January 5 - Duke Ludovico Sforza recaptures Milan, but is soon driven out again by the French.
- February 17 - Battle of Hemmingstedt: The Danish army fails to conquer the peasants' republic of Dithmarschen.
- April 22 - Portuguese navigator Pedro Álvares Cabral officially discovers Brazil and claims the land for Portugal.
- August - Second Battle of Lepanto - The Turkish fleet of Kemal Reis defeats the Venetians. The Turks proceed to capture Modon, Lepanto, and Koron.
- November 11 - Treaty of Granada - Louis XII of France and Ferdinand II of Aragon agree to divide the Kingdom of Naples between them.
- November 16 - Emperor Go-Kashiwabara accedes to the throne of Japan.
- Europe's population estimated at 567 million (Spielvogel).
- The Luo, a Nilotic people from modern Sudan, settle the Cwezi states, establishing the state of Buganda (approximate date).
- Diogo Dias is the first European to see Madagascar.
- The Luba people appear in the Congo-Kinshasa after a secession from a clan of the Sonhoy people.
|Gregorian calendar||1500 |
|Ab urbe condita||2253|
|Armenian calendar||949 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-344 – -343|
|Coptic calendar||1216 – 1217|
|Ethiopian calendar||1492 – 1493|
|Hebrew calendar||5260 – 5261|
|- Vikram Samvat||1555 – 1556|
|- Shaka Samvat||1422 – 1423|
|- Kali Yuga||4601 – 4602|
|Iranian calendar||878 – 879|
|Islamic calendar||905 – 906|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2160|
|Thai solar calendar||2043|
- January 6 - John of Avila, Spanish mystic and saint (died 1569)
- February 22 - Cardinal Rodolfo Pio da Carpi, Italian humanist (d. 1564)
- February 24 - Charles V (died 1558)
- April 12 - Joachim Camerarius, German classical scholar (died 1574)
- April 23 - Alexander Ales, Scottish theologian (died 1565)
- May 17 - Frederick II, (died 1540)
- November 1 - Benvenuto Cellini, Italian goldsmith and sculptor (died 1571)
- date unknown
- May 29
- June 19 - Edmund Tudor (born 1499)
- September 12 - Albert (born 1443)
- September 15 - John Morton, Archbishop of Canterbury (born c1420)
- October 1 - John Alcock, English churchman (born c1430)
- November14-Sr.Evan MacGillivray, Explorer from scotland sailed for england (born 1462) died of black death
- October 21 - Emperor Go-Tsuchimikado of Japan (born 1442)
- date unknown
- Michael Tarchaniota Marullus, scholar, poet and soldier (born c.1453)
- See also 1500 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1500. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1500 at Familypedia
44 people were born in 1500
12 children were born to the 11 women born in 1500
42 people died in 1500
944 people lived in 1500
Events of the year 1500 at Familypedia
24 people were married in 1500.
There were 0 military battles in 1500.