|Centuries:||15th century - 16th century - 17th century|
|Decades:|| 1480s 1490s 1500s - 1510s - 1520s 1530s 1540s
|Years:||1511 1512 1513 - 1514 - 1515 1516 1517|
|1514 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture – Art –|
|Literature – Music – Poetry – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Marriages|
Events of 1514
January - June
- March - Louis XII of France makes peace with Emperor Maximilian.
- May 15 - Jodocus Badius Ascensius publishes Christiern Pedersen's Latin version of Saxo’s Gesta Danorum, the oldest known version of that work.
July - December
- July - Peace between England and France.
- August 23 - Battle of Chaldiran. Selim I crushes the Persian army of Shah Ismail I.
- September 8 - Battle of Orsha - In one of the biggest battles of the century, Belarusians and Poles defeat the Russian army.
- September 15 - Thomas Wolsey is appointed Archbishop of York.
- October 9 - Marriage of Louis XII of France and Mary Tudor.
|Gregorian calendar||1514 |
|Ab urbe condita||2267|
|Armenian calendar||963 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-330 – -329|
|Coptic calendar||1230 – 1231|
|Ethiopian calendar||1506 – 1507|
|Hebrew calendar||5274 – 5275|
|- Vikram Samvat||1569 – 1570|
|- Shaka Samvat||1436 – 1437|
|- Kali Yuga||4615 – 4616|
|Iranian calendar||892 – 893|
|Islamic calendar||919 – 920|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2174|
|Thai solar calendar||2057|
- February 16 - Georg Joachim Rheticus, cartographer and scientific instrument maker (died 1574)
- March 8 - Amago Haruhisa, Japanese samurai and warlord (died 1562)
- June 16 - John Cheke, English classical scholar and statesman (died 1557)
- December - Henry, third son of Henry VIII of England, stillborn
- December 31 - Vesalius, Flemish anatomist (died 1564)
- date unknown
- See also 1514 births.
- January 2 - William Smyth, English bishop and statesman (born 1460)
- January 9 - Anne of Brittany, queen of Charles VIII of France and Louis XII of France (born 1477)
- February 11 - Henry, third son of Henry VIII of England
- March 11 - Donato Bramante, Italian architect (born 1444)
- May 3 - Anna of Brandenburg, queen consort of Denmark (born 1487)
- June 23 - Henry IV (born 1463)
- October 25 - William Elphinstone, Scottish bishop and statesman (born 1431)
- November 28 - Hartmann Schedel, cartographer (born 1440)
- See also 1514 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1514. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1514 at Familypedia
13 people were born in 1514
10 children were born to the 5 women born in 1514
13 people died in 1514
933 people lived in 1514
Events of the year 1514 at Familypedia
16 people were married in 1514.
|Claude of Orléans (1499-1524)||François I of Angoulême (1494-1547)|
|François I of Angoulême (1494-1547)||Claude of Orleans (1499-1524)+Eleonore of Castile (1498-1558)|
|Louis XII of Orléans (1462-1515)||Jeanne de Valois (1464-1505)+Anne de Bretagne (1477-1514)+Mary Tudor (1496-1533)|
|Archibald Douglas (1489-1557)||Margaret Tudor (1489-1541) + Margaret Maxwell|
|Christopher FitzRandolph (c1495-1574)||Jane Langton (c1499-1573)|
|Edward Grey (c1476-bef1502)||Ann Jernegan (-1559)|
|Janet Halyburton (-c1560)||William Ruthven (-1552)|
|Ann Jernegan (-1559)||Edward Grey (c1476-bef1502)+Henry Barley (1487-1529)+Robert Drury (bef1456-1535)+Edmund Walsingham (-1550)|
|Dorothy Neville (1496-1532)||John Dawney (?-?)|
|William Ruthven (-1552)||Janet Halyburton (-c1560)|
|Henry Somerset, 2nd Earl of Worcester (c1496-1549)||Margaret Courtenay (c1499-bef1526)+Elizabeth Browne (c1502-1565)|
|Margaret Tudor (1489-1541)||James IV, King of Scotland (1473-1513)+Archibald Douglas (1489-1557)+Henry Stewart, 1st Lord Methven (c1495-1552)|
|Mary Tudor (1496-1533)||Louis XII of Orleans (1462-1515)+Charles Brandon, 1st Duke of Suffolk (c1484-1545)|
|Georg I. von Hohenlohe-Waldenburg (1488-1551)||Praxedis von Sulz (c1499-1521)+Helene Truchsessin von Waldburg (1514-1567)|
|Philipp I. von Nassau-Wiesbaden-Idstein (1490-1558)||Adriane de Glymes (1495-1524)|
|... further results|
There were 0 military battles in 1514.