|Centuries:||15th century - 16th century - 17th century|
|Decades:|| 1480s 1490s 1500s - 1510s - 1520s 1530s 1540s
|Years:||1516 1517 1518 - 1519 - 1520 1521 1522|
|1519 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture – Art –|
|Literature – Music – Poetry – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Marriages|
Events of 1519
January - June
- March 4 - Hernán Cortés lands in Mexico (Quetzalcoatl promised to return this year).
- June 28 - Charles I of Spain becomes Emperor of Holy Roman Empire as Charles V (ruled until 1556).
July - December
- July 4 - Martin Luther joins the debate regarding papal authority against John Eck at Leipzig.
- September 20 - Ferdinand Magellan leaves Europe to circumnavigate the world.
- November 8 - Hernán Cortés enters Tenochtitlán and Aztec ruler Moctezuma welcomes him with great pomp as would befit a returning god.
- Erasmus publishes his Colloquia.
- Martin Luther questions the infallibility of papal decrees.
- Mannerism, artistic form appears in Italy and spreads.
- Spanish find Barbados.
- Cacao comes to Europe.
- Panama founded in August 15th.
- Havana moved from the Southern to Northern part of Cuba.
- St Olav church is completed in Tallinn, Estonia.
|Gregorian calendar||1519 |
|Ab urbe condita||2272|
|Armenian calendar||968 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-325 – -324|
|Coptic calendar||1235 – 1236|
|Ethiopian calendar||1511 – 1512|
|Hebrew calendar||5279 – 5280|
|- Vikram Samvat||1574 – 1575|
|- Shaka Samvat||1441 – 1442|
|- Kali Yuga||4620 – 4621|
|Iranian calendar||897 – 898|
|Islamic calendar||924 – 926|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 2179|
|Thai solar calendar||2062|
- February 5 - René of Châlon, Prince of the House of Orange (d. 1544)
- February 15 - Pedro Menéndez de Avilés, first Spanish Governor of Florida (d. 1574)
- February 16 - Gaspard de Coligny, French Huguenot leader (died 1572)
- February 17 - Francis, French soldier and politician (d. 1563)
- March 31 - King Henry II of France (died 1559)
- April 13 - Catherine de' Medici, queen of Henry II of France (died 1589)
- May 27 - Girolamo Mei, Italian humanist historian (died 1594)
- June 6 - Andrea Cesalpino, Italian philosopher, physician, and botanist (died 1603)
- June 12 - Cosimo I de' Medici (died 1574)
- June 24 - Theodore Beza, French theologian (died 1605)
- July 22 - Pope Innocent IX (died 1591)
- date unknown
- Thoinot Arbeau, French priest and author (died 1596)
- Johannes Goropius Becanus, Dutch physician, linguist, and humanist (d. 1572)
- Nicholas Grimald, English poet (died 1562)
- Ikeda Nagamasa, Japanese military commander (died 1563)
- Edwin Sandys, English prelate (died 1588)
- Imagawa Yoshimoto, Japanese warlord
- Stanisław Zamoyski, Polish nobleman (died 1572)
- January 12 - Maximilian I (born 1459)
- January 21 - Vasco Núñez de Balboa, Spanish explorer (born 1475)
- March 29 - Francesco II Gonzaga (born 1466)
- May 2 - Leonardo da Vinci, Italian inventor and painter (born 1452)
- May 4 - Lorenzo II de' Medici, Duke of Urbino (b. 1492)
- June 24 - Lucrezia Borgia, Duchess of Ferrara (born 1480)
- August 11 - Johann Tetzel, German opponent of the Reformation (born 1465)
- August 23 - Philibert Berthelier, Swiss patriot (born c1465)
- September 10 - John Colet, English churchman and educator (born 1467)
- date unknown
- See also 1519 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1519. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1519 at Familypedia
15 people were born in 1519
13 children were born to the 4 women born in 1519
15 people died in 1519
955 people lived in 1519
Events of the year 1519 at Familypedia
9 people were married in 1519.
|Agnes Digby (c1501-)||William Tracy (1501-1531)|
|Frances Murfyn (1509-c1533)||Richard Williams Cromwell (c1495-c1550)|
|Ursula Pole (1504-1570)||Henry Stafford (1501-1563)|
|Henry Stafford (1501-1563)||Ursula Pole (1504-1570)|
|William Tracy (1501-1531)||Margaret Throckmorton (c1464-)+Agnes Digby (c1501-)|
|Anna von Kleve (1495-1567)||Philipp III. von Waldeck-Eisenberg (1486-1539)|
|Anna von Mecklenburg (1485-1525)||Wilhelm II. von Hessen (1469-1509)+Otto zu Solms-Laubach (1496-1522)|
|Philipp III. von Waldeck-Eisenberg (1486-1539)||Adelheid von Hoya (c1472-1515) + Anna von Kleve (1495-1567)|
|Otto zu Solms-Laubach (1496-1522)||Anna von Mecklenburg (1485-1525)|
There were 0 military battles in 1519.