Events and Trends
- The Treaty of Ratisbon between France and England in 1684 ended the Age of Buccaneers.
- 1685: The Chinese army attacks a Russian post at Albazin. The events lead to the Treaty of Nerchinsk. 
- Isaac Newton publishes Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica, where he introduces Newton's laws of motion and his theory of gravity.
- Glorious Revolution brings William and Mary to power in England.
- King Christian V of Denmark (1670 - 1699).
- King Charles II of England and Scotland (1660 - 1685).
- King James II of England and Scotland (1685 - 1688).
- Queen Mary II of England and Scotland (1689 - 1694).
- King William III of England and Scotland (1689 - 1702).
- King Louis XIV of France (1643 - 1715).
- Leopold I (1658 - 1705).
- King Peter II of Portugal (1667 - 1706)
- Tsar Feodor III of Russia (1676 - 1682).
- Tsar Ivan V of Russia (1682 - 1696).
- Tsar Peter I of Russia (1682 - 1725).
- King Charles II of Spain (1665 - 1700).
- King Charles XI of Sweden (1660 - 1697).
- Padshah Aurangazeb (Mughal Empire)
- Bhonsle Dynasty of the Marathas
- ^ Roberts, J: "History of the World.". Penguin, 1994.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1680s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|