The Sandman Will Keep You Awake - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Events and trends
- French Revolution (1789 - 1799). It is considered to have effectively ended on November 9, 1799 when a successful coup d'état places Napoléon Bonaparte in control of France.
- French inventor Claude Chappe first demonstrates a practical semaphore system (1792). Use of the system will eventually expand to include the whole of France. This is considered to be the first practical telecommunications system.
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart died on December 5th 1791.
- Lions became extinct from Egypt by this time.
- Canal Mania in the United Kingdom.
- John "Iron Mad" Wilkinson's Iron madness reaches its peak.
- King Louis XVI (France)
- Maximilien Robespierre (France)
- First Consul Napoleon Bonaparte (France)
- King George III (Great Britain)
- Emperor Leopold II (Holy Roman Empire)
- Emperor Francis II (Holy Roman Empire)
- Frederick William II of Prussia, King of Prussia
- Emperor Kangxi (China)
- Shah Alam II,(Mughal Empire)
- Peshwa of the Marathas
- Tipu Sultan, (Mysore)
- Pope Pius VI
- Empress Catherine II (Russia)
- Emperor Paul (Russia)
- King Charles IV (Spain)
- President George Washington (United States)
- President John Adams (United States)
- Shahs of Persia (Zand dynasty and Qajar dynasty)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1790s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|