|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| 10s 20s 30s - 40s - 50s 60s 70s
|Years:||44 45 46 - 47 - 48 49 50|
|Gregorian calendar||47 |
|Ab urbe condita||800|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1797 – -1796|
|Coptic calendar||-237 – -236|
|Ethiopian calendar||39 – 40|
|Hebrew calendar||3807 – 3808|
|- Vikram Samvat||102 – 103|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3148 – 3149|
|Iranian calendar||575 BP – 574 BP|
|Islamic calendar||593 BH – 592 BH|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 707|
|Thai solar calendar||590|
- Consuls are the emperor Claudius and Lucius Vitellius.
- Romans build the Traiectum fortification near the mouth of the Rhine, that will later grow to be the city of Utrecht.
- Pliny the Elder sees military service in Germany.
- Publius Ostorius Scapula becomes governor of Britain, in place of Aulus Plautius. The south-east of the island is now a Roman province, while certain states on the south coast are ruled as a nominally independent client kingdom by Tiberius Claudius Cogidubnus, whose seat is probably at Fishbourne near Chichester. Ostorius immediately faces incursions from unconquered areas, which he puts down.
- The Romans conquer the Chauci and fight against the Frisians.
- Claudius revives the censorship and ludi saeculares.
- Claudius organises the order of the Haruspices with 60 members.
- Both Londinium and Musselburgh are founded in Britain.
People of the year 47 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 47
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 47
0 people died in 47
4 people lived in 47
Events of the year 47 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 47.
There were 0 military battles in 47.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 47. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|