|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| 20s 30s 40s - 50s - 60s 70s 80s
|Years:||50 51 52 - 53 - 54 55 56|
|Gregorian calendar||53 |
|Ab urbe condita||806|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1791 – -1790|
|Coptic calendar||-231 – -230|
|Ethiopian calendar||45 – 46|
|Hebrew calendar||3813 – 3814|
|- Vikram Samvat||108 – 109|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3154 – 3155|
|Iranian calendar||569 BP – 568 BP|
|Islamic calendar||587 BH – 585 BH|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 713|
|Thai solar calendar||596|
- Roman emperor Claudius removes Agrippa II from the tetrarchy of Chalcis.
- Claudius secures a senatorial decree that gives jurisdiction in financial cases to imperial procurators. This marks a significant strengthening of imperial powers at the expense of the Senate.
- Nero marries Octavia.
- Claudius accepts Nero as his successor to the detriment of Britannicus, his son by his first wife, Messalina.
Arts and Sciences
- Seneca writes the tragedy Agamemnon, which he intends to be read as the last chapter of a trilogy including two of his other tragedies, Medea and Œdipus.
- September 18 — Marcus Ulpius Traianus, Roman emperor (98-117)
- Kanishka I, king of the Kush in India, protector of Buddhism
- Saturnin, Syrian theologian
- Domitia Longina, first wife of Roman Emperor Domitian
People of the year 53 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 53
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 53
0 people died in 53
4 people lived in 53
Events of the year 53 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 53.
There were 0 military battles in 53.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 53. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|