This article is about the year 610.
|Centuries:||6th century · 7th century · 8th century|
|Decades:||580s 590s 600s 610s 620s 630s 640s|
|Years:||607 608 609 610 611 612 613|
|Gregorian calendar||610 |
|Ab urbe condita||1363|
|Armenian calendar||59 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1234 – -1233|
|Coptic calendar||326 – 327|
|Ethiopian calendar||602 – 603|
|Hebrew calendar||4370 – 4371|
|- Vikram Samvat||665 – 666|
|- Shaka Samvat||532 – 533|
|- Kali Yuga||3711 – 3712|
|Iranian calendar||12 BP – 11 BP|
|Islamic calendar||12 BH – 11 BH|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1270|
|Thai solar calendar||1153|
- October 4 — Heraclius arrives by ship from Africa at Constantinople, overthrows East Roman Emperor Phocas and becomes Emperor. His first major act is to change the official language of the East Roman Empire from Latin to Greek (already the language of the vast majority of the population). Because of this, after AD 610 the East Roman Empire is customarily referred to as the Byzantine Empire (the term Byzantine is a modern term invented by historians in the 18th Century; the people of the Empire itself always referred to themselves as "Ρωμιούς").(in English=Romious)
- The Avars try to invade Italy.
- Gundemar succeeds Witteric as king of the Visigoths.
- The Serbs begin to settle in the Balkans.
Arts and Sciences
- According to Islamic belief the archangel Gabriel first appears to Muhammad, reciting to him the first verses of surat Iqra (al-`Alaq) and thus beginning the revelation of the Qur'an (approximate date).
- St. Columbanus and St. Gall begin missionary work in Bregenz.
- St. John the Merciful becomes Patriarch of Alexandria.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 610. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 610 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 610
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Fatimah bint Muhammad (c610-632)||Muhammad (c570-632)||Khadijah bint Khuwaylid (555-619)|
1 children were born to the 1 women born in 610
2 people died in 610
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Gisulf II of Friuli (565-c610)||Grasulf I of Friuli (540-?)||45|
|Tassilon I of Bavaria (557-610)||Garibald I of Bavaria (525-592)||Waldrada (530-?)||53|
20 people lived in 610
Events of the year 610 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 610.
There were 0 military battles in 610.