|Centuries:||6th century - 7th century - 8th century|
|Decades:|| 650s 660s 670s - 680s - 690s 700s 710s
|Years:||682 683 684 - 685 - 686 687 688|
|Gregorian calendar||685 |
|Ab urbe condita||1438|
|Armenian calendar||134 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1159 – -1158|
|Coptic calendar||401 – 402|
|Ethiopian calendar||677 – 678|
|Hebrew calendar||4445 – 4446|
|- Vikram Samvat||740 – 741|
|- Shaka Samvat||607 – 608|
|- Kali Yuga||3786 – 3787|
|Iranian calendar||63 – 64|
|Islamic calendar||65 – 66|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1345|
|Thai solar calendar||1228|
- Sussex attacks Kent, supporting Eadric's claim to the throne held by Hlothhere.
- Surrey takes Wessex as its overlord.
- May 20 — Battle of Dunnichen or Nechtansmere: Picts defeat Northumbrians.
- Plague kills almost all the monks in a Northumbrian monastery aside from the abbot and one small boy - future scholar Bede.
- July 23 — Pope John V succeeds Pope Benedict II as the 82nd pope.
- Cuthbert consecrated bishop of Lindisfarne.
Heads of states
- Holy See — Benedict II pope (684–685)
- Holy See — John V pope (685–686)
- Japan — Emperor Temmu, emperor of Japan (672–686)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 685. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 685 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 685
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Rolande de Laon (c685-)||Martin de Laon (c660-bef696)||Bertrada of Prüm (670-)|
1 children were born to the 1 women born in 685
0 people died in 685
18 people lived in 685
Events of the year 685 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 685.
There were 0 military battles in 685.