- This article is about the year 720. For the aircraft, see Boeing 720. For other uses of this term, see 720.
|Centuries:||7th century - 8th century - 9th century|
|Decades:|| 690s 700s 710s - 720s - 730s 740s 750s
|Years:||717 718 719 - 720 - 721 722 723|
|Gregorian calendar||720 |
|Ab urbe condita||1473|
|Armenian calendar||169 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1124 – -1123|
|Coptic calendar||436 – 437|
|Ethiopian calendar||712 – 713|
|Hebrew calendar||4480 – 4481|
|- Vikram Samvat||775 – 776|
|- Shaka Samvat||642 – 643|
|- Kali Yuga||3821 – 3822|
|Iranian calendar||98 – 99|
|Islamic calendar||101 – 102|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1380|
|Thai solar calendar||1263|
- The Nihon Shoki (日本書紀), one of the oldest history books in Japan, is completed.
- Umayyad caliph Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz succeeded by Yazid II ibn Abd al-Malik.
- July 30 — In the Tang Dynasty Chinese capital of Chang'an, the walls of a gated city ward collapsed during the night, which unexpectedly formed a large pool out in the open. This was most likely caused by a sinkhole created when ground water eroded the limestone bedrock beneath. As a consequence of this, more than 500 homes were destroyed (Benn, 50).
- Bertrada of Laon, wife of Pippin III (d. 783)
- Pope Stephen III (d. 772)
- Baizhang, Chinese Zen Buddhist monk (d. 814)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 720. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 720 at Familypedia
2 people were born in 720
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Thierry d'Autun (c720-c782)||Thierry d'Autun (c700-)|
|Bertrada of Laon (720-783)||Caribert of Laon (bef705-bef762)||Bertrada of Cologne (690-aft721)|
6 children were born to the 1 women born in 720
1 people died in 720
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Adalbert of Alsace (675-720)||Adalric of Alsace (640-690)||Berswinde (652-?)||45|
17 people lived in 720
Events of the year 720 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 720.
There were 0 military battles in 720.