|Centuries:||7th century - 8th century - 9th century|
|Decades:|| 710s 720s 730s - 740s - 750s 760s 770s
|Years:||739 740 741 - 742 - 743 744 745|
|Gregorian calendar||742 |
|Ab urbe condita||1495|
|Armenian calendar||191 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1102 – -1101|
|Coptic calendar||458 – 459|
|Ethiopian calendar||734 – 735|
|Hebrew calendar||4502 – 4503|
|- Vikram Samvat||797 – 798|
|- Shaka Samvat||664 – 665|
|- Kali Yuga||3843 – 3844|
|Iranian calendar||120 – 121|
|Islamic calendar||124 – 125|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1402|
|Thai solar calendar||1285|
- Chinese poet Li Po is presented before the emperor and given a position in the Imperial court. (approximate date)
- Artabasdus is Byzantine Emperor until the capital is stormed by Constantine V, who regains control and resumes the suppression of image-worship.
- Emperor Xuanzong of Tang begins to favor Taoism over Buddhism, adopting the new reign title Tianbao ('Heavenly Treasures') to indicate his divine mandate.
- For the municipal census of the Chinese capital city Chang'an and its metropolitan area of Jingzhou Fu (including small towns in the vicinity), the New Book of Tang records that in this year there were 362,921 registered families with 1,960,188 persons.
- In China, the total number of enlisted troops in the Tang armies had risen to about half a million due to Emperor Xuanzong's earlier reforms.
- China's population c. 50 millions.
- Saint Sturm establishes the abbey of Fulda. (or 744?)
- After a forty-year vacancy, Stephen becomes Orthodox Patriarch of Antioch at the suggestion of Umayyad caliph Hisham ibn Abd al-Malik.
- Chrodegang, chancellor of Charles Martel, is appointed bishop of Metz and embarks on a reorganisation of the Frankish church.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 742. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 742 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 742
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
2 children were born to the 1 women born in 742
0 people died in 742
19 people lived in 742
Events of the year 742 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 742.
There were 0 military battles in 742.