- This article is about the year. For the recording medium, see Gramophone record.
|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| 40s 50s 60s - 70s - 80s 90s 100s
|Years:||75 76 77 - 78 - 79 80 81|
|Gregorian calendar||78 |
|Ab urbe condita||831|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1766 – -1765|
|Coptic calendar||-206 – -205|
|Ethiopian calendar||70 – 71|
|Hebrew calendar||3838 – 3839|
|- Vikram Samvat||133 – 134|
|- Shaka Samvat||0 – 1|
|- Kali Yuga||3179 – 3180|
|Iranian calendar||544 BP – 543 BP|
|Islamic calendar||561 BH – 560 BH|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 738|
|Thai solar calendar||621|
- Romans conquer the Ordovices, located in present-day northern Wales, as well as the Silures.
- Gnaeus Julius Agricola replaces Sextus Julius Frontinus as governor of Roman Britain.
- Indian Prince Aji Caka introduces the Sanskrit language and Pallawa script, used to inscribe Javanese words and phrases, to the Indonesian islands.
- This is the base year (year zero) of the Saka era used by some Hindu calendars, the Indian national calendar, and the Cambodian Buddhist calendar. It begins near the vernal equinox for the civil solar calendar, but begins opposite the star Spica for the traditional solar calendar.
- Kanishka (78–144), reigns over the Tocharian Empire of Kusana (Afghanistan and Northern India). He is a renowned conqueror and wise administrator.
- Pacorus II is king of Parthia (78–115).
- The philosopher Wang Chong (Wang-Tchoung) claims all phenomena have material causes.
- Zhang Heng, Chinese mathematician, astronomer, inventor, poet, artist, scholar, geographer, and statesman
- Liu Qing, Chinese prince of the Han Dynasty
People of the year 78 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 78
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 78
0 people died in 78
4 people lived in 78
Events of the year 78 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 78.
There were 0 military battles in 78.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 78. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|