|Centuries:||7th century - 8th century - 9th century|
|Decades:|| 750s 760s 770s - 780s - 790s 800s 810s
|Years:||786 787 788 - 789 - 790 791 792|
|Gregorian calendar||789 |
|Ab urbe condita||1542|
|Armenian calendar||238 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1055 – -1054|
|Coptic calendar||505 – 506|
|Ethiopian calendar||781 – 782|
|Hebrew calendar||4549 – 4550|
|- Vikram Samvat||844 – 845|
|- Shaka Samvat||711 – 712|
|- Kali Yuga||3890 – 3891|
|Iranian calendar||167 – 168|
|Islamic calendar||172 – 173|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1449|
|Thai solar calendar||1332|
- Uprising in Japan leads to a major defeat for Emperor Kammu, alongside a severe drought and famine
- Fes founded by Idris I
- Al-Khayzuran dies, leaving more of the effective power in the hands of Harun al-Rashid, the caliph of the Abbasid Caliphate.
- Caustantín becomes king of the Picts.
- Herford founded by Charlemagne
- Eadburh marries Beorhtric of Wessex
- Anglo-Saxon Chronicle records first appearance of Vikings in England.
- Ziryab, an Arab poet and musician
- Ælfwald I of Northumbria
- Saint Fergal, Bishop of Salzburg
- Hildeprand of Spoleto
- Mauregatus of Asturias
- Willehad of Bremen
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 789. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 789 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 789
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 789
1 people died in 789
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Emma of Alamannia (730-789)||Hnabi (c700-c775)||Hereswind (705-?)|
34 people lived in 789
Events of the year 789 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 789.
There were 0 military battles in 789.