|Centuries:||8th century - 9th century - 10th century|
|Decades:|| 850s 860s 870s - 880s - 890s 900s 910s
|Years:||885 886 887 - 888 - 889 890 891|
|Gregorian calendar||888 |
|Ab urbe condita||1641|
|Armenian calendar||337 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-956 – -955|
|Coptic calendar||604 – 605|
|Ethiopian calendar||880 – 881|
|Hebrew calendar||4648 – 4649|
|- Vikram Samvat||943 – 944|
|- Shaka Samvat||810 – 811|
|- Kali Yuga||3989 – 3990|
|Iranian calendar||266 – 267|
|Islamic calendar||274 – 275|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1548|
|Thai solar calendar||1431|
- January 13 — With the death of Charles the Fat, the Frankish kingdom is split again, and this time permanently. Odo becomes king of the western Franks.
- ‘Abdullah ibn Muhammad succeeds al-Mundhir as emir of Córdoba.
- Shaftesbury Abbey is founded in Dorset, England.
- January 13 — Charles the Fat, King of France
- Abu Da'ud, hadith compiler
- Cerball mac Dúnlainge, King of Osraige
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 888. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 888 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 888
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Ælfwynn of Mercia (c888-918)||Æthelred of Mercia (c855-911)||Æthelflæd (c872-918)|
0 children were born to the 1 women born in 888
3 people died in 888
102 people lived in 888
Events of the year 888 at Familypedia
2 people were married in 888.
|Ota (c864-c901)||Arnulf of Carinthia (850-899)|
|Adelaide of Auxerre (c849-c929)||Richard, Duke of Burgundy (850-921)|
There were 0 military battles in 888.