|Centuries:||9th century - 10th century - 11th century|
|Decades:|| 960s 970s 980s - 990s - 1000s 1010s 1020s
|Years:||996 997 998 - 999 - 1000 1001 1002|
|Gregorian calendar||999 |
|Ab urbe condita||1752|
|Armenian calendar||448 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-845 – -844|
|Coptic calendar||715 – 716|
|Ethiopian calendar||991 – 992|
|Hebrew calendar||4759 – 4760|
|- Vikram Samvat||1054 – 1055|
|- Shaka Samvat||921 – 922|
|- Kali Yuga||4100 – 4101|
|Iranian calendar||377 – 378|
|Islamic calendar||389 – 390|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1659|
|Thai solar calendar||1542|
- Silesia is incorporated into territory ruled by Boleslaus I of Poland.
- The Orsay commune is founded.
- April 2 — Pope Silvester II succeeds Pope Gregory V as the 139th pope.
- Sigmundur Brestisson introduces Christianity in the Faroe Islands.
- Christianity is adopted in Iceland.
- February 7 — Boleslaus II, Duke of Bohemia
- February 18 — Pope Gregory V
- December 16 — Saint Adelaide of Italy (b. 931)
- December - Elisabeth of Vendôme, wife of Fulk III of Anjou (aka Fulk the Black)
- Maredudd ab Owain, King of Gwynedd
People of the year 999 at Familypedia
6 people were born in 999
8 children were born to the 3 women born in 999
8 people died in 999
372 people lived in 999
Events of the year 999 at Familypedia
3 people were married in 999.
|Hugues de Lavardin (980-1014)||Alpais de Beaumont-au-Maine de Lavardin + Emmeline de Sainte-Suzanne de Bazougers et Sainte-Christine|
|Miron de Nice (984-1011)||Odile de Provence (c976-c1032)|
|Odile de Provence (c976-c1032)||Miron de Nice (984-1011) + Laugier de Vence (980-1032)|
There were 0 military battles in 999.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 999. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|