Abraham Groeneveld was born 12 March 1856 in Haarlem, North Holland, Netherlands to Jacobus Groeneveld (1822-1881) and Catharina van Vliet (1822-1896) . He married Hendrika Winters (c1854-) 13 September 1876 in Haarlem, North Holland, Netherlands.
Abraham and Hendrika celebrated their fiftieth wedding anniversary on 13 September 1926. At the time they both still enjoyed good health. Their neighbours organised celebrations, and it was noted that Abraham had worked at the cotton factory for fifty years. Their family put an announcement in the paper, and a small article about the event also appeared.
On 13 September 1931, the couple celebrated their fifty-fifth wedding anniversary. They were described as spry and in good health. Their friends and acquaintances attended the party at their home.
Abraham and Hendrika celebrated their sixtieth wedding anniversary on 13 September 1936. At the time they had twelve children (ten living), thirty-seven grandchildren and thirteen great-grandchildren. On Tuesday, 1 September, at 8pm the couple received a serenade. On Sunday, 6 September at 2-4pm the Harmonix Music Society performed a concert at their retirement home. Abraham had been an ensign of the music society for many years.
Both Abraham and Hendrika passed away in their sixty-second year of marriage.
- 1876: Abraham Groeneveld, 20, fabriekwerker, living in Haarlem
- 1897: Abraham Groeneveld, fabrieksarbeider
- 1901: Abraham Groeneveld, katoenverver
- 1904: Abraham Groeneveld, fabrieksarbeider
- 1905: Abraham Groeneveld, wever
- 1912: Abraham Groeneveld, katoendrukker
- 1915: Abraham Groeneveld, 59, katoendrukker
- 1916: Abraham Groeneveld, 60, fabrieksarbeider (May)
- 1916: Abraham Groeneveld, 60, fabrieksarbeider (September)