|Father:||Patrick Acheson (1558-1617)|
|Mother:||Martha Drummond (?-?)|
|Children:||Isabella Atcheson of Gosford|
He married Agnes Vernor before 1610, with whom he had the following child:
- Sir Patrick Acheson, 2nd Baronet (c.1611-1638)
After her death, he married Margaret Hamilton, daughter of Sir John Hamilton, in 1622, with whom he had the following child:
- Sir George Acheson, 3rd Baronet (1629–1685)
He appears to have had a daughter by one of his marriages:
- Invested as a knight in 1620
- Master in Chancery of Ireland in 1621
- Lord of Session of Scotland in 1627
- 1st Baronet Acheson on 1 January 1628
- Secretary of State of Scotland before 1634
- ^ William White (1913). "Notes and queries, Volume 128". “Sir Archibald Acheson, ancestor of the Earls of Gosford, was the son of Capt. Patrick Acheson ...”
- ^ Sources list her as the daughter of "Sir Archibald Acheson", but because of her age, she may have been the daughter of Captain Patrick Acheson or one of his siblings. If she was the same age as Hector Og Maclean, she would have been born in 1583 and would have had her first child around 1600 at age 17. If she was the daughter of Sir Archibald Acheson she would be born no earlier than 1610 the year Archibald married. This would make her at least 20 years younger than Hector Og Maclean, and would make her the same age as her own children. This is the error in the standard genealogy.
- ^ Genealogical Collections Concerning Families in Scotland. 1900. http://books.google.com/books?id=zkwNAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA134&dq=Atcheson+Maclean&ei=MqujSevODJ2EzgTsoIGMAg. "He married first the 2d daughter of Colin Mackenzie of Kintail, predecessor of the present Earl of Seaforth, by whom he had Eachin Mor his eldest Son, who succeeded him, and Lauchlan, who also succeeded him. He married again a daughter of Atcheson of Gosefoord, by whom he had Donald, of whom Brolos is descended and John Duidh."
- ^ John Patterson MacLean (1889). A History of the Clan MacLean from Its First Settlement at Duard Castle, in the Isle of Mull, to the Present Period: Including a Genealogical Account of Some of the Principal Families Together with Their Heraldry, Legends, Superstitions, Etc.. R. Clarke & Co.. http://books.google.com/books?id=tQs2AAAAMAAJ&pg=PA224&dq=%22Laird+of+Brolas%22&ei=b4ikSaD5JJHIM5uWrb8B#PPA138,M1. "MacLean of Duard, and his brother Lachlan, having delayed to find the required sureties, were committed to ward in Edinburgh castle, whence he was liberated in a very short time, and allowed to live with Acheson of Gosford, his father-in-law, under his own recognizance of £40,000, and his father-in-law's for 5000 merks, that he should remain there until permitted by the council to return to the Isles. ... Hector Og died in the year 1618, in the fortieth year of his age. He was twice married: first, to Janet, daughter of Cailean Cam, llth MacKenzie of Kintail, by whom he had Hector Mor, his heir and successor, and Lachlan; also one daughter, Florance, who married John Garbh, 7th MacLean of Coll. His second wife was Isabella, daughter of Sir Archibald Acheson of Gosford, by whom he had Donald, first MacLean of Brolass, John Dubh, predecessor of the counts MacLean of Sweden, and a daughter, Isabella, who died unmarried. The marriage of Florance to John Garbh affords an insight into marriage customs as practiced by the MacLeans. She was given a dower which consisted of a hundred and eighty kine, with the stipulation that if she became a widow, her jointure should be three hundred and sixty. Doubtless the number was reckoned according to the wealth of the contracting parties."
- ^ John Debrett (1828). Debrett's Peerage of England, Scotland, and Ireland. http://books.google.com/books?id=iwtVse6yazQC&pg=RA1-PA728&dq=Acheson+of+Gosford,&lr=&ei=cHXeSvX4PJKWzgTIpuXEDg&client=firefox-a#v=onepage&q=Acheson%20of%20Gosford%2C&f=false. "Sir Archibald Acheson, of Gosford, secretary of state for Scotland, was created a bart. Sept. 1628, from whom descended ..."
| Member of Parliament for Haddington
|Baronetage of Nova Scotia|
|DATE OF BIRTH|
|PLACE OF BIRTH|
|DATE OF DEATH|
|PLACE OF DEATH|