Benjamin Wellington was born 1645 in Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts to Roger Wellington (1609-1698) and Mary Palgrave (1619-1695) and died 8 January 1710 Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts of unspecified causes. He married Elizabeth Sweetman (1646-c1694) 7 December 1671 in Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts. Charlemagne (747-814)/s, Henry II of England (1133-1189)/s, Hugh Capet (c940-996)/s, William I of England (1027-1087)/s.
While he may have fought in King Phillip's War (1675-78), he certainly did NOT die there (despite claims from other sources). Instead he sired many children in the years afterwards.
Marriage & Family
- Ruhama Wellington (1671-1772)
- Elizabeth Wellington (1673-1729) - md Captain John Fay, a prominent figure in the civic affairs of Marlboro MA and Westboro MA. Many noteworthy posterity.
- Benjamin Wellington (1676-1738)
- Ebenezer Wellington (1678-)
- John Wellington (1678-1717)
- Mehetabel Wellington (1687-1776) - md William Sherman (1692-1740), parents of US Founding Father Roger Sherman (1721-1793) and many notable posterity.
- Joseph Wellington (1691-1746)
- Roger Wellington (1695-)
|Offspring of Benjamin Wellington and Elizabeth Sweetman (1646-c1694)|
|Ruhama Wellington (1671-1772)|
|Elizabeth Wellington (1673-1729)||29 December 1673 Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States||8 March 1729 Westborough, Worcester County, Massachusetts, United States||John Fay (1669-1747)|
|Benjamin Wellington (1676-1738)|
|Ebenezer Wellington (1678-)|
|John Wellington (1678-1717)|
|Mehetabel Wellington (1687-1776)||26 February 1687 Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts||12 April 1776 New Haven, New Haven County, Connecticut||William Sherman (1692-1740)|
|Joseph Wellington (1691-1746)|
|Roger Wellington (1695-)|