I am looking for the name of the wife of ? Shakepeare a mayor of Blayney back in the 1850 -60's.
I know her maiden name was Davies. Her sister Elizabeth Davies came to live with them in 1859.
- Your dates don't look correct: Blayney became a municipality in 1882, so there was no mayor before that. The most likely candidate as an Arthur Shakespear who was elected as alderman in 1899, and was mayor in 1906. I suspect that he is the man of that name who was born in 1856 and died in 1929 as a retired carpenter. He probably married Elizabeth Lobley in Carcoar in 1881, and had a son Arthur Josiah Shakespear (born 1883, died 1951). His father was a Josiah Shakespear, and his mother was "Mary A". Perhaps the Davies occurs in the early generation.
- Thurstan (talk) 08:08, August 13, 2018 (UTC)
- Further searching uncovers possibilties for Josiah:
- Death in Carcoar in 1908 of a Josiah Shakespear, parents Joseph and Sarah
- Birth 1829, Josiah Shakespear, parents Joseph and Sarah: see "England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JQBW-RRP : 11 February 2018, Josiah Shakespear, 06 Aug 1829); citing , index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City; FHL microfilm 597,808, 598,162, 598,163,
- Marriage in 1852 in same church as that christening, Josiah Shakespear and Mary Ann Davies, see "England Marriages, 1538–1973 ," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NK5L-HY5 : 10 February 2018), Josiah Shakespear and Mary Ann Davies, 09 Jul 1852; citing Old Church,Saint Pancras,London,England, reference , index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City; FHL microfilm 598,341, 598,342, 598,343, 598,344, 598,345, 598,346, 598,347, 598,348.
- There is an assisted immigration in 1853 on the Agricola to Moreton Bay of Josiah (22) (with wife) and Mary A (20) (with husband) which would seem to fit these people
- Thurstan (talk) 08:24, August 14, 2018 (UTC)