Charles Henry Alfred Marks was born 11 May 1868 in Goulburn, New South Wales, Australia to Richard Marks (1844-1907) and Lydia Cramp (1845-1929) and died 29 September 1941 a private hospital, Cowra, New South Wales, Australia of pneumonia. He married Caroline Emmerton (1877-1963) 29 October 1896 in Goulburn, New South Wales, Australia.
|Offspring of Charles Henry Alfred Marks and Caroline Emmerton (1877-1963)|
|Leslie Eric Marks (1897-1936)|
|Victor Dudley Marks (1909-1957)|
|Allan Frederick Marks (1912-1971)|
His obituary was published in the Cowra Guardian on 29 Sep 1941 in Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
- The death occurred in a Cowra private hospital today of Mr Charles Marks, aged 73 years, of Wattamonda. Death was due to pneumonia, which the late Mr Marks contacted last Saturday week. On that day he had been out riding and up to that time he had been in good health.
- He was born at Crookwell, where his parents were enjoying farming pursuits. He spent all his early life at Crookwell and Goulburn and ran the mail from Goulburn to Wheeo for a number of years. The mail then consisted of a coach and four horses.
- Mr Marks was married some forty-five years ago to Miss Caroline Emmerton of Greenwich Park. His wife at the present time is also a patient in the private Hospital having contracted pneumonia a day later than her husband.
- About 30 years ago Mr Marks accompanied by his family moved to Wattamondra, where they were accociated with farming persuits. He is survived by his sister Annie (Parramatta), and four brothers, Reuban (Bookham), Arthur (Orange), Sidney (Dee Why), Percy (Crookwell).
- Three sons—Victor, Dudley and Allan all of Wattamondra, one son Leslie predeceased his father by 5 years. There are four Grandchildren.
- Funeral at St Johns Church of England, Cowra.