- 11th Duke of Roxburghe (2019-present)
- Marquess of Bowmont & Cessford (1981-2019)
Charles Robert George Innes-Ker, 11th Duke of Roxburghe was born 18 February 1981 to Guy Innes-Ker, 10th Duke of Roxburghe (1954-2019) and Jane Meriel Grosvenor (1953) . He married Charlotte Aitken (1982) 2011 .
Captain Charles Robert George Innes-Ker is the 11th Duke of Roxburghe. He is the eldest son of the 10th Duke of Roxburghe and his first wife, the former Lady Jane Meriel Grosvenor, daughter of the 5th Duke of Westminster. His uncle was Gerald Grosvenor, 6th Duke of Westminster. He was educated at Eton College and the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. He attended the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, passed out in December 2004, and has served with the Blues and Royals in Windsor and Iraq. Prior to succeeding to the dukedom on his father's death in August 2019, he was styled Marquess of Bowmont and Cessford.
On his accession to the dukedom, he inherited Floors Castle and 60,000 acres around the Cheviot Hills and the River Tweed as well as hotels in the area, with an estimated wealth of up to £100 million. In February 2003, he was caught travelling on the Tyne and Wear Metro without paying the £1 fare. He chose to pay a £10 fine rather than take the case to court and risk appearing on "losers' posters" displayed around the city, naming people who had been caught travelling without tickets.
On 22 July 2011, he married The Honourable Charlotte Susanna Aitken (b. 15 February 1982), elder daughter of Maxwell Aitken, 3rd Baron Beaverbrook. The couple split and sued for divorce in June 2012, less than a year after the wedding. In 2015 he had a daughter with fashion designer Morvarid Sahafi.
Chiefship of Clan Innes
The previous Duke of Roxburghe was heir to the chiefship of the Clan Innes (Clann Innis, not Mac Aonghuis or Clan MacInnes); however, since he bears the surname Innes-Ker, the Lord Lyon King of Arms will not recognise him as chief of the name Innes.
- Ker in Roxburgheshire
- Innes-Ker in Roxburgheshire
- wikipedia:en:Charles Innes-Ker, 11th Duke of Roxburghe
- Charles Innes-Ker at thePeerage
- This profile prepared courtesy of World of Scouting Members, helping to preserve our shared heritage.
- ^ a b c Tom O'Sullivan, The young elite 11-20, The Guardian, 12 March 2000
- ^ a b Haldenby, Andrew. "Daily Telegraph, 7 February 2003 - Student heir to £70m dodges £1 rail fare". The Daily Telegraph (London). Archived from the original on 11 March 2007. https://web.archive.org/web/20070311055244/http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=%2Fnews%2F2003%2F02%2F07%2Fndodge07.xml. Retrieved 25 July 2011.
- ^ a b "BBC News, 12 February 2003 - Marquess pays up after dodging fare". 12 February 2003. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/england/2753825.stm. Retrieved 25 July 2011.
- ^ "Telegraph Announcements - The Marquis of Bowmont and Cessford and the Hon Charlotte Aitken". The Daily Telegraph (London). http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/marriages/136119/the-marquis-of-bowmont-and-cessford-and-the-hon-charlotte-aitken. Retrieved 25 July 2011.
|Peerage of Scotland|
| Duke of Roxburghe
|Order of precedence in the United Kingdom|
The Duke of Montrose
The Duke of Roxburghe
The Duke of Manchester
|This biography of a peer, peeress or noble of the United Kingdom, or one or more of its constituent countries, is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|