|— District of Uttar Pradesh —|
|Headquarters||Chitrakoot Dham (Karwi)|
|• Total||.3164 km2 (0.1222 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,500,000/km2 (6,600,000/sq mi)|
Chitrakoot district (Hindi: चित्रकूट जिला) is one of the districts of Uttar Pradesh state of India, and Chitrakoot town is the district headquarters. Chitrakoot district is a part of Chitrakoot Division. The district occupies an area of 3,205 km². The district has a population of 766,225 (2001 Census). As of 2011 it is the second least populous district of Uttar Pradesh (out of 71), after Mahoba.
On 6 May 1997 a new district was carved out from the erstwhile Banda district comprising its Karwi and Mau tehsils. The district was initially named as Chhatrapati Shahuji Nagar district. On 4 September 1998 it was renamed as Chitrakoot district.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Chitrakoot one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 34 districts in Uttar Pradesh currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF). None of the government paying attention for develop for the distric . There is place Ramakol (Turkaviran) where till no electricty coverage done by government.
According to the 2011 census Chitrakoot district has a population of 990,626, roughly equal to the nation of Fiji or the US state of Montana. This gives it a ranking of 448th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 315 inhabitants per square kilometre (820 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 29.29 %. Chitrakoot has a sex ratio of 879 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 66.52 %.
- ^ "Uttar Pradesh". india,gov,in website. http://india.gov.in/knowindia/districts/andhra1.php?stateid=UP. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- ^ a b c d e f g "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ a b Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. http://www.nird.org.in/brgf/doc/brgf_BackgroundNote.pdf. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Fiji 883,125 July 2011 est."
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Montana 989,415"
- Chitrakoot District on Bundelkhanddarshan.com
- Official website
- Chitrakoot @ Bundelkhand's un-Official web site
- Chitrakoot Information Guide
|Fatehpur district||Kaushambi district|
|Banda district||Allahabad district|
|Satna district, Madhya Pradesh||Rewa district, Madhya Pradesh|
Template:Chitrakoot division topics
|This article about a location in Uttar Pradesh is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Chitrakoot district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|