|— County (Judeţ) —|
|Capital city (Resedinţă de judeţ)||Târgoviște|
|• Type||County Board|
|• President of the County Board||Gheorghe Ana|
|• Prefect2||Aurelian Popa|
|• Total||4,054 km2 (1,565 sq mi)|
|Area rank||37th in Romania|
|• Rank||16th in Romania|
|• Density||134/km2 (350/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Area code(s)||+40 x454|
|GDP||US$ 3.71 billion (2008)|
|GDP/capita||US$ 6,831 (2008)|
|1The development regions of Romania have no administrative role. They were formed just to attract funds from the European Union
2 as of 2007, the Prefect is not a politician, but a public functionary. He (or she) is not allowed to be a member of a political party, and is banned to have any political activity in the first six months after the resignation (or exclusion) from the public functionary corps
3w, x, y, and z are digits that indicate the city, the street, part of the street, or even the building of the address
4x is a digit indicating the operator: 2 for the former national operator, Romtelecom, and 3 for the other ground telephone networks
5used on both the plates of the vehicles that operate only in the county limits (like utility vehicles, ATVs, etc.), and the ones used outside the county
Dâmboviţa county has a total area of 4,054 km².
The county's landscape has three main forms. In the north there are mountains from the Southern Carpathians group - the Bucegi Mountains and the Leaotă Mountains. In the center there are the sub-Carpathian hills and the southern area is part of the Romanian Plain.
- Ilfov County and Prahova County in the East.
- Argeș County in the West.
- Braşov County in the North.
- Teleorman County and Giurgiu County in the South.
One of the biggest steel factories in Romania is located In Târgoviște. Also, oil is extracted and refined the county.
The predominant industries in the county are:
- Metallurgical industry.
- Oil extraction equipment.
- Food industry.
- Home appliances.
- Textile industry.
- Chemical industry.
- Construction materials industry.
The main tourist destinations are:
- The city of Târgovişte - the ancient capital of Wallachia.
- The Pucioasa Resort.
- The Ialomiţa River Valley - Peştera Ialomicioarei.
- Glod, a small village in this area, was used to represent Kazakhstan in the filming of the mockumentary movie Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.
Dâmboviţa County 2 municipalities, 5 towns and 82 communes
- ^ National Institute of Statistics, "Populaţia după etnie"
- ^ National Institute of Statistics, "Populaţia la recensămintele din anii 1948, 1956, 1966, 1977, 1992 şi 2002"
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Dâmbovița County. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|