Daniel Rice was born 8 November 1655 in Sudbury, Middlesex County, Massachusetts to Edward Rice (1622-1712) and Agnes Bent (1631-1713) and died 6 July 1737 Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts of unspecified causes. He married Bethiah Ward (1658-1721) 10 February 1681 in Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.
Born in Sudbury, family moved to Marlboro in 1661.
Will of Daniel Rice
The will of Daniel Rice, 05 May 1729, proved 19 Dec 1737. Gave to sons Daniel, Luke, Eleazer, Edward and Hopestill Wilson. To daus Bethiah Newton and Judith Rice. Edward Wilson executor. His wife, Elizabeth is not mentioned and has probably died at this point.
Family & Marriage
1st Marriage: Bethiah Ward
They were both from Marlboro families - so they probably got married there. They raised there family there. Bethiah Ward (1658-1721) died in 1721.
- Bethiah Rice (1682-) - md Jonathan Newton
- Daniel Rice (1684-) - md Elizabeth Taylor
- Judith Rice (1687-) - living unmarried in Mar 1720, when she was executrix of the will for her Aunt Hopestill Woods.
- Luke Rice (1689-1754) = md Rachel Stow
- Priscilla Rice (1692-1721) - b 06 Apr 1692, died unmarried 24 Dec 1721.
- Eleazer Rice (1695-) - md Thankful Fletcher
- Deborah Rice (1697-1725) - md James Brown as his 2nd wife.
- Hopestill Rice (1702-)
2nd Marriage: Elizabeth Wells
In 1725, he married Elizabeth Wells, widow of John Wheeler of Marlboro. He died in 1737 (age 82). John Wheeler originally married Elizabeth Wells in 1684 and died at Marlboro in 1721.
|Bethiah Rice (1682-)|
|Daniel Rice (1684-)|
|Judith Rice (1687-)|
|Luke Rice (1689-1754)||30 November 1689 Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts||4 July 1754 Shrewsbury, Worcester County, Massachusetts||Rachel Stowe (1690-1771)|
|Priscilla Rice (1692-1721)|
|Eleazer Rice (1695-)|
|Deborah Rice (1697-1725)|
|Hopestill Rice (1702-)|
- The Genealogical History of the Descendants of Deacon Edmund Rice - pg 19/20, publ 1858 by Andrew H Ward. Free on Google Books.