|— District of Madhya Pradesh —|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Dewas|
|• Total||7,020 km2 (2,710 sq mi)|
According to the 2011 census Dewas District has a population of 1,563,107, roughly equal to the nation of Gabon or the US state of Hawaii. This gives it a ranking of 319th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 223 inhabitants per square kilometre (580 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 19.48%. Dewas has a sex ratio of 941 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 70.53%.
Languages spoken include Hindi, Maalvi, Bangla, English and Bareli Rathwi, a Bhil language with approximately 64 000 speakers.
Dewas' water management programs
The United Nations awarded Dewas district's community water management works the 3rd place under the category of "Best Water Management Practices" for 2011-2012.
A documentary film made by Public Service Broadcasting Trust about Dewas water revolution was featured on Lok Sabha TV.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Gabon 1,576,665"
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Hawaii 1,360,301"
- ^ M. Paul Lewis, ed (2009). "Bareli, Rathwi: A language of India". Ethnologue: Languages of the World (16th ed.). Dallas, Texas: SIL International. http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=bgd. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- ^ "‘Water for Life’ UN-Water Best Practices Award: 2012 edition: Finalists". http://www.un.org/waterforlifedecade/finalists2012.shtml. Retrieved 2015-05-21. "3rd ranked: Bhagirath Krishhak Abhiyan, Water Conservation for Food Security"
- ^ "Umakant Umrao "Dewas Ke Bhagirath"". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RHAjnwXZmU. Retrieved 2015-05-21.
|Ujjain district||Shajapur district|
|Indore district||Sehore district|
|West Nimar district||East Nimar district||Harda district|
Template:Ujjain Division Template:Narmada basin
|This article related to a location in Madhya Pradesh is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Dewas district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|