Edmund Cooper was born 1 December 1542 in Arlesey, Bedfordshire, England to Michael Cooper (1510-1556) and Elizabeth Page (1515-1569) and died 4 January 1619 Henlow, Bedfordshire, England of unspecified causes. He married Mary Wyne (1543-1598) 14 August 1564 JL in Arlesey, Bedfordshire, England.
Edmund was a son of Michael Cooper & Elizabeth Page.
He was baptised on 1 Dec 1542 at Arlesey, Bedfordshire, England.
Marriage & Family
1st Marriage : Mary Wyne
He was married on 14 Aug 1564 at Arlesey, Bedfordshire, England to Mary Wyne.
They had 10 children:
- Elizabeth Cooper (1565)
- Joan Cooper (1567 - 1567)
- Michael Cooper (1571 - 1598) - md 1) Alice Squier, md 2) Elizabeth Morton
- Benjamin Cooper (1575 - 1657) - md Rose Haggis
- Martha Cooper (1578-1654) - md James Sampson - their son Henry Sampson (1604-1684) traveled on the Mayflower at age 16 with their aunt.
- John Cooper (1580) = md Mary
- Thomas Cooper (1583 - 1675) - md 1) Mary Raynor. md 2) Sarah Slye
- Ann Cooper (c1584-1621) - md Edmund Tilley - both traveled on Mayflower to Plymouth Colony and died the first winter there. Their neice & nephew survived.
- Mary Cooper (1588 - 1590)
- Robert Cooper (1591-) - md: Joan Gresham - parents of Humility Cooper (1619-1638), who sailed on the Mayflower at age 1 with their aunt.
2nd Marriage: Dorothy Mansfield
After the death of his 1st wife, he was married 2nd on 30 Jan 1600 at Henlow, Bedfordshire, England to Dorothy Mansfield.
Edmund was buried on 4 Jan 1619 at Henlow, Bedfordshire, England. (4 Jan 1618 Old Style)
|Offspring of Edmund Cooper and Mary Wyne (1543-1598)|
|Elizabeh Cooper (1565-)|
|Joan Cooper (1567-)|
|Michale Cooper (1571-1598)|
|Benjamin Cooper (1575-1657)|
|Martha Cooper (1578-1654)||15 March 1578 Henlow, Bedfordshire, England||17 August 1654 Henlow, Bedfordshire, England||James Sampson (1574-1639)|
|John Cooper (1580-)|
|Thomas Cooper (1583-1675)|
|Ann Cooper (c1584-1621)||7 November 1585 Henlow, Bedfordshire, England||January 1621 Plymouth Colony, Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts||Edward Tilley (c1588-1621)|
|Mary Cooper (1588-1590)|
|Robert Cooper (1591-)||1591 Henlow, Bedfordshire, England, United Kingdom||England, United Kingdom||Joan Gresham (c1592-1619)|
- Humility Cooper - Wikipedia
- Edmund Cooper - FindAGrave Memorial #44835439
- Note: Sources: The American Genealogist, vol. 52 (1976) pages 198 to 208; The Genealogist, vol.6 (1985) pages 166-186, Robert Leigh Ward
Burial: St Mary Churchyard - Henlow -Central Bedfordshire Unitary Authority Bedfordshire, England Plot: NO GRAVESTONE Leiden Separatists