Elizabeth Child Bigelow was born 20 July 1670 in Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts to John Child (1636-1671) and Mary Warren (1651-1734) and died 20 April 1707 Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts of unspecified causes. She married James Bigelow (1660-1728) 3 June 1693 in Sherborne, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.
Family of James Bigelow and Elizabeth Child
The second marriage for James Bigelow was 3 July 1693 Elizabeth Child, born,24 July 1670, daughter of John and Mary (Warren) Child. She died in Watertown 20 April 1707. Children of James BIGELOW were all recorded in Watertown as follows:
- Patience, b 30 Sep 1693; died 23 Jan 1773 Groton, MA; married 20 Nov 1720 Samuel Wood. Lived Groton, MA. 8 children.
- John, died 15 Nov 1694. Howe's Bigelow genealogy places this child second in order, and a child of James' first wife Patience. Town records, however, specify him as "child of James & Elizabeth", so that we are inclined to place his birth but a short time, perhaps a matter of days or weeks, before his death.
- Abraham, born 12 Nov 1699; died 1726 Cambridge, MA; unmarried.
|Offspring of Elizabeth Child Bigelow and James Bigelow (1660-1728)|
|Patience Bigelow (1693-1773)||30 September 1695 Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts||23 January 1771 Groton, Middlesex County, Massachusetts||Samuel Woods (1690-1773)|
|John Bigelow (1694-)|
|Abrham Bigelow (1699-1726)|
- History of James Bigelow - Bigelow Family Society
- Bigelow Family Genealogy Volume. I page.17;
- Howe, Bigelow Family in America;
- Bond, Genealogies and History of Watertown;
- Sewell's Diary;
- cemetery inscriptions and vital records, various states.